Zinnia

• 3 Replies

casper

• Experienced Member
Zinnia
« on: May 05, 2012, 22:10 »
Hi, I sowed some Zinnia a couple off weeks ago, they may have become  a bit leggy but appear really healthy, I mean lovely and green and good sized leaves, I potted them on today for the first time, Can anbody tell me when I can plant them out, or how robust they are, as I nearly murdered them today just potting them on in the cold but had no choice  :(

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Zinnia
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 22:13 »
This says they're tender, so you have to wait 'til this awful weather cheers up a bit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plant_finder/plant_pages/11170.shtml

casper

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 22:26 »
Thanks Mos, no good though when I am trying to sell my house  and I have flowers and goodies on every window sill, hehe I think there beautiful but I dont know the people viewing my house will think the same, so I am keen to get rid of all I have grown, my mum is happy as I keep passing her goodies, and the people I work with but its hard to grow at home and keep a minimal look for a prospective buyer :)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 13:23 »
I've only ever sown them direct at the end of May, but I have noticed that they are amongst the first summer annuals to die back come the colder weather (they more than make up for it by the stunning colours and the fact that individual flowers can last for weeks on end if it's not too hot!)  :)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
Zinnia

Started by casper on General Gardening

0 Replies
Last post June 14, 2022, 20:59
by casper
xx
zinnia

Started by casper on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post August 01, 2012, 21:58
by casper
xx
Zinnia?

Started by mrswashi on General Gardening

26 Replies
Last post September 20, 2013, 07:07
by Sweetpea C
xx
zinnia

Started by rowlandwells on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post June 25, 2020, 08:09
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 38 queries.