In a patio pickle

• 3 Replies

mrs bouquet

In a patio pickle
« on: June 09, 2022, 16:35 »
  I was googling cleaning the patio, which is v large. and black.   So a squirted some washing up liquid into the can of water.   Used the Trickle bar and scrubbed with a stiff broom.  This filth has run down onto the lower patio and covered a pretty gravel area.  So I  lifted all the gravel out into a sieve and had to wash it all off.
What is the problem I hear you ask - this has taken me all day, and the two rows of slabs I have cleaned don't look very good either.   It is too big for me to use a jet washer and it breaks the pointing out.   

I have a large container of wet and forget, but will this move the black silt which has built up.  The two slabs I have semi-cleaned still have the black spots on them.

Thats it - I am going into a home unless you have some good ideas.   ::) ::) ::)  :D :D :D  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

lettice

Re: In a patio pickle
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 09:28 »
On my concrete areas or patio slabs I have always used thick bleach.
Just pour it over and brush it all over.
Leave for a few hours and brush off.
The concrete and slabs sparkle, with no effort required at all.
I do have a small area of concrete that gets covered in green moss and some of it needs a second application the next day, just to get the perfect result.

I do cover the area with a tarpaulin for those few hours in the one area where my cats wall over. Just in case.

Make sure its not the scented stuff, unless you want it smelling of lemons, so just use Original.

Would though try a corner of a patio slab first to test its not going to take off anything. But mine are grey and plain colours and so far have stayed looking as new.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 12:52 »
thanks, I will test that this afternoon.  Mrs B

jezza

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 12:10 »
Hello I use a product called Algon for spraying the local church paths,3 pints of Algon to a gallon of water put on with a large droplet nozzle 12 hours before rain I let mother nature do the work,the stuff stinks ad it's high strength acetic acid kills moss takes algae off paths and does yellow leaves on weeds ,also can be used very carefully to clear pinds of blanket  weed    jezza

xx
Patio rose

Started by londongardener on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post September 19, 2020, 09:19
by Growing Weather
xx
Longevity of patio roses

Started by tallulah on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post January 28, 2013, 22:37
by tallulah
xx
Patio Fruit Trees

Started by Sleepingpopman on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post April 20, 2018, 14:23
by grinling
xx
Bamboo for patio screening

Started by Jeebus on General Gardening

13 Replies
Last post May 31, 2019, 12:18
by Jeebus

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 34 queries.