Vaccination centres

• 55 Replies

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: Vaccination centres
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2021, 02:27 »
What you need is a full NBC suit!

Aren't you scared that Bill Gates has put a chip in vaccine and will be tracking you? Or that you will turn into a monkey when you get home?  :D
         I'm afraid if you have a mobile phone, they already know everything about you including tracking. There's no hiding place or privacy

Who are 'they' exactly?

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 09:49 »
I don't know but they travel in black helicopters!  :ohmy:
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2021, 10:58 »
Our GPs have it organised to start next week.  They are partnering up with another local practise so one does the jabs and the other deals with everything else.  Sounds like a good plan to me  :)

I am getting a bit tired of the media scouring the country for stories to dishearten people.  It is a pandemic, things are not perfect and no, it is not fair ... on anyone ...

But, we have an amazing NHS who are treating the really sick despite huge and unprecedented pressures, immunising the rest of us and all for free. I know we will pay for it in taxes, but cost is not going to stop anyone getting treatment or a jab. The armed services, pharmacies and volunteers are wading in to help.  Retired medical staff are also rolling up their sleeves and joining the fray.

We should be proud of them all  :D

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2021, 11:40 »
Our GPs have it organised to start next week.  They are partnering up with another local practise so one does the jabs and the other deals with everything else.  Sounds like a good plan to me  :)

I am getting a bit tired of the media scouring the country for stories to dishearten people.  It is a pandemic, things are not perfect and no, it is not fair ... on anyone ...

But, we have an amazing NHS who are treating the really sick despite huge and unprecedented pressures, immunising the rest of us and all for free. I know we will pay for it in taxes, but cost is not going to stop anyone getting treatment or a jab. The armed services, pharmacies and volunteers are wading in to help.  Retired medical staff are also rolling up their sleeves and joining the fray.

We should be proud of them all  :D
I LIKE THIS SORT OF TALK TOO! I heartily agree with you.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 11:43 »
Lovely example this morning on the radio - former speaker decides she's a scientist on the basis of taking information our of context and in isolation followed by some idiot rabbiting on about the consent form being a contract and so the government must give a second dose in 3 weeks.
Perhaps they should isolate for 5 years whilst comprehensive studies are done and to give them chance to write a proper 500 page contract!
Fact is a lot of people who know their subject in depth make recommendations to the government - you can trust them or Tracey from Facebook who can barely write a coherent sentence on her mobile phone.
Oh no! I've caught the grumpy virus this morning  :mad:

GraciesGran

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2021, 07:46 »
Godmother, age unknown, but over 90, had her first jab yesterday.  Two buses and short walk to the excel centre.  She took sandwiches, thermos and hip flask in her walker.  The queue was a bit of a bind but she had a book to read.  I am reliably informed that the place was full of delightful young soldiers and if she was a few years younger.  ....  She got the jab.  Laughing aside she said it was a bit of a performance getting there and back but is more than happy with the way things went

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2021, 09:23 »
I had mine yesterday evening, as well :)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2021, 09:50 »
Roll on the rest of us!  :D

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2021, 11:42 »

Did you take your hip flask to ?   :lol:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2021, 12:00 »
No comment needed by me!
B0903189-4989-407E-BDDB-C0DB9F91B6BE.jpeg

Growster...

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2021, 12:15 »

Chums are being done in Headcorn on Monday, and they live a few yards down from 'The Turrets'.

I checked online, and the story is that we have to go to Hastings, when it's our turn!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2021, 12:22 »
Growster, it was the Practice with the biggest premises that did them here in Ashford. Just unfortunate, for me, that it was over the other side of town - although not actually that many miles away. But well worth the journey IMO

GraciesGran

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2021, 13:17 »
Aunt Sally, my godmother never goes anywhere without her hip flask.  You never know when a nip of whisky might be needed.   

MrsPea

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2021, 19:12 »
I took my 97yr mum for her vaccination tonight it was very well run, 2nd one in 12 weeks time  :)
I Love my green house

madcat

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2021, 20:19 »
Mum had hers done on Tues afternoon - very quick and efficient.  Brilliant birthday present for her.

It did need my brother to drive her the 10 miles or so to the centre, but he was happy to take a day off work for a reason like that.
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

xx
Garden Centres

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post June 19, 2019, 19:24
by sospan
xx
Wyevale Garden Centres

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post August 03, 2018, 21:33
by Growster...

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 55 queries.