The Landmaster L120 cultivator

• 3 Replies

twopenceworth

The Landmaster L120 cultivator
« on: June 26, 2020, 12:28 »
As a youngster aged 17 yrs in 1964 I started working at the National Institute For Agricultural Engineering. I was training to become an Agricultural Engineer. For a time I worked in the ergonomics section, evolving data  for tractor cabs, suspension seats, vibration and noise associated with the tractor. It lead to the modern, rugged and quiet tractor cab, resisting fatalities from overturning accidents on farms.

I remember working with the Woolsley Merry Tiller and Landmaster L120 cultivators to assess their ergonomic characteristics by measuring an operators respiration performance whilst wearing a mask.

I own a Landmaster L120, which has a damaged sprocket drive train within its normally closed chaincase, which I would very much like to rebuild. If anybody is able to help me source a less worn/damaged m/c or chaincase drive I would be hugely appreciative. In my case my machines sprockets are beyond repair. I am a Covid shielded bod at present, so a rebuild project would be enjoyable. However I am limited to the equipment Within my garden shed workshop and cannot head to the nearest machine shop to get stuff made.

If any kind person can assist I would be very appreciative. I can collect stuff in my trailer allowing for distancing!

Kind regards,

Julian Lindley
Lodsworth
West Sussex

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: The Landmaster L120 cultivator
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 14:00 »
Hi and welcome  :)

I have moved your post over to the equipment shed, where other like minded mechanical bods hang out.  I have also added you to our personal mail system in case anyone can help.

There is no buying or selling allowed on the forum by the way  ;)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 16:45 »
There is no buying or selling allowed on the forum by the way  ;)

Quite so, all items are free to a good home or a swap.

Welcome to the forum, Julian.  I hope someone can help.

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 09:35 »
Sprockets and chains are no big problem. Making them fit your machine is though. Find out the chain dimensions and number of teeth on the sprockets. The Cross/Morse chain company will make you sprockets with the right sized hole in the middle, I think Renolds will also do this. However you then have to make them fit your Tiller, which involves cutting the old sprocket off the shaft or hub and welding or brazing the new one on. Sometimes easier to find someone breaking a similar machine on eBay, but there are not that many L120s about so you would have to be lucky to come across one.

I note the instructions and parts list is on this website, if you haven't already, get it to help with the rebuild.
R Tallentire

xx
landmaster L120 rotovator

Started by brytheold on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post February 19, 2014, 10:13
by joyfull
xx
landmaster 85

Started by derekmac on Equipment Shed

20 Replies
Last post February 23, 2009, 18:27
by dmac
xx
landmaster 85

Started by derekmc on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2011, 21:41
by derekmc
clip
landmaster 100

Started by derekmc on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post March 24, 2016, 22:30
by R Tallentire

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 39 queries.