Garlic

• 18 Replies

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
Garlic
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 22:54 »
Problem with Wilko CQ is that they tend not to have the garlic in till the gardening season kicks in after Christmas.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

vegmandan

Garlic
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 23:55 »
I've never had any success planting in Autumn as it just seems to sit in cold wet ground all winter and suffers as a result,for me anyway.

I know garlic needs a spell of cold weather to grow well but March is cold enough for it to get a cold snap.

I've had a great crop ever since giving up Autumn planting even including the last 2 years of rubbish Summer weather so If you've had a problem with Autumn planting and had a disappointing crop then I'd give Spring planting a go.

Go Wilko's !!!   :lol:

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Garlic
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 00:47 »
Quote from: "vegmandan"
I've never had any success planting in Autumn as it just seems to sit in cold wet ground all winter and suffers as a result,for me anyway.

I know garlic needs a spell of cold weather to grow well but March is cold enough for it to get a cold snap.

I've had a great crop ever since giving up Autumn planting even including the last 2 years of rubbish Summer weather so If you've had a problem with Autumn planting and had a disappointing crop then I'd give Spring planting a go.

Go Wilko's !!!   :lol:

Going to go for your advice Dan...it'll give me time to clear more beds for spring.
when do you get the garlic ffrom wilks though? Now? Or do they sell early in the year?

Paula
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Garlic
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 00:49 »
ah.... just spotted Richys post, will wait till after Christmas

:D

clip
Elephant garlic or ordinary garlic

Started by cc on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post October 14, 2022, 13:46
by cc
xx
When is Garlic ready to be used as Green Garlic?

Started by Headgardener22 on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post April 01, 2012, 12:55
by arugula
xx
Elephant Garlic / Garlic

Started by dapper on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 28, 2009, 08:25
by dapper
xx
Garlic ? ? ?

Started by Potiron on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post April 21, 2008, 18:09
by jazzbyrd

Page created in 0.323 seconds with 32 queries.