Roadside litter

• 4 Replies

AlaninCarlisle

Roadside litter
« on: August 27, 2023, 13:05 »
I live out of town on a C Road that basically links several N Cumbrian villages with Carlisle. Every day there is a fresh item of litter on the road, pavement or verge. Usually a take-away carton, drink can or similar. It seems that some scummy drivers, or their equally scummy passengers wait until they're away from built-up areas - and any witnesses - before ditching their rubbish. Same where you live?

wighty

Re: Roadside litter
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 16:18 »
McDonalds, KFC bags are the main culprits.  We do eat their meals and use the bags they supply them in to put the 'rubbish' in , take it  home and put it in our black bag.     A 'gentleman' dropped something on the pavement outside our shop yesterday and carried on walking.   I rushed out and called after him, he ignored me so I picked it up, it was an empty    plastic bag.  If you have any spare plastic carrier bags, please ask your  local independant retailers   if they would like them because I know we would say ,' yes please'.

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 08:56 »
I hate these lazy people who can't be bothered to take their personal c**p home with them.  :mad: :mad: :mad:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

jezza

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 13:17 »
Hello my biggest bug bare is bags of dog mess left on grass verges that I'm mowing and also dirty nappies,caught some one from a toddler group putting a bag of them under a hedge,I asked what she was doing bins full she said ,litter picker will move them and walked off ,little did she know I was the litter picker ,I picked the bag up and followed  her into the toddler group and tipped the bag out into the middle of the floor and said your rubbish you move it thr litter pickers not allowed to handle hazardous waste,then I walked out ,ymtheyve never done it again ,ivr found some unusual things as well, a John Deere tractor drawbar  transit van drawbar a container locking unit ,socks shoes an artificial leg ,a pair of knickers with Janewritten on them hung them on a sign post     jezza

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2023, 10:10 »
Jezza, jolly good for you taking that used nappy bag back and dumping it in front of them. Wish I'd been there!!  :tongue2:

xx
Litter

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post April 04, 2021, 17:11
by GraciesGran
xx
Litter/rubbish picking

Started by RubyRed on Chatting on the Plot

20 Replies
Last post March 30, 2019, 20:24
by wighty

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 40 queries.