arrrgh gout!

• 8 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
arrrgh gout!
« on: August 09, 2023, 19:31 »
So it was that time of the year when Tropical Blackpools sun shines on the anarchist. Rebellion Punk Festival comes to town and so off I went.
Thursday was a good start to the 4 day festival, plenty of bands, beer and chat.
Friday started off OK but by dinner I could feel my big toe going down hill, by 1am I could barely walk!
Saturday I knew gout had set in so only one thing for it, out came the crutches, I discovered this gave me access to some  good viewing points so some plus.
Sunday and I was in real pain with it but still went down and enjoyed the bands.

Monday spent the day in bed, spoke with gp and some strong stuff was prescribed. 
Tuesday and no better.
Today (Wednesday) and a tad better.
This is definitely the worse I have had.
Anyway, cheers everyone.
20230805_140511.jpg
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 19:36 by Aidy »
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: arrrgh gout!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 19:37 »
Glad you managed to enjoy the bands despite the dreaded!!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 20:24 »
Well that really was bad timing.  I’m glad you still had a good time, but ouch !

Who would have thought in the heady days of punk and all the rest of indie/anarchy/youth rebellion years we would be moaning about aches and pains and afflictions in our old age  :lol:  Ay up lad, just keep the beer in your hand and keep on pogo-ing, or as much as you can manage and the crutches allow  ;)

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 21:35 »
Oh no, that was bad timing, do you think it was the ‘music’ lol or beer that set it off? Twasn’t rhubarb beer was it.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2023, 12:51 »
Thing is New Shoot, there is a growing number of us originals with crutch support or on mobility scooters  :lol: :lol:

The trigger we discovered few years back is..... Beans. Yep dried beans or baked beans etc. Had big brekky's due to beer and forgot to swap the beans for spaghetti  :unsure:

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2023, 13:07 »
Quote from: Aidy link=topic=137994.msg1586587 #msg1586587 date=1691668304
Thing is New Shoot, there is a growing number of us originals with crutch support or on mobility scooters  :lol: :lol:

The trigger we discovered few years back is..... Beans. Yep dried beans or baked beans etc. Had big brekky's due to beer and forgot to swap the beans for spaghetti  :unsure:

Sorry I shouldn’t laugh but I misread your reply & substituted the u of crutch support to an o
 :) :)

wighty

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2023, 16:40 »
 :ohmy: :blush: :D :lol:

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2023, 10:21 »
Oh Aidy. First your plot and now your plight! You need a good rub down with Growster's new Wonder cream which, I am reliably informed, cures all ills as long as you follow the instructions to the letter.  :tongue2:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2023, 21:25 »
So sorry to hear of your woes Aidy, but at least you persevered and heard the music you wanted  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 43 queries.