Jeyes Fluid

• 6 Replies

Scrapmum

Jeyes Fluid
« on: March 06, 2023, 14:12 »
Can I use Jeyes Fluid on potted soil I want to grow potatoes in?
Sorry I am new to gardening and last year I spotted some sort of grubs in the soil and wondered if I used Jeyes Fluid will it kill them all and still be safe to plant potatoes in
?

Christine

Re: Jeyes Fluid
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 16:18 »
Apparently according to the law of the land it's not legal to use Jeys Fluid on the soil anymore. Since EC Regulations in 2003, the product is no longer effective at sterilising soil. Fine for greenhouse, pots, seed trays but not for the soil.

Scrapmum

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 16:26 »
Apparently according to the law of the land it's not legal to use Jeys Fluid on the soil anymore. Since EC Regulations in 2003, the product is no longer effective at sterilising soil. Fine for greenhouse, pots, seed trays but not for the soil.

Is there anything I can use I don't want grubs in my soil ????

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 16:32 »
In cover them & the birds will clear them away. Might they be vine weevils? If so you can get a insecticide for them
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Scrapmum

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023, 16:35 »
In cover them & the birds will clear them away. Might they be vine weevils? If so you can get a insecticide for them

I'm not sure if they are vine weevils or not they are sort of cream coloured curly things.

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2023, 16:40 »

I'm not sure if they are vine weevils or not they are sort of cream coloured curly things.

They sound like it, just uncover them now & again, the birds will thank you for them. Were your potatoes in pots or in the ground? You do find them a lot in pots, if so if you can tip the soil out on the patio or a plastic sheet & the birds will soon gobble them up. Or if in the garden just turn the soil every day or so & they’ll do the same, particularly robins & blackbirds

Scrapmum

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2023, 16:55 »

They sound like it, just uncover them now & again, the birds will thank you for them. Were your potatoes in pots or in the ground? You do find them a lot in pots, if so if you can tip the soil out on the patio or a plastic sheet & the birds will soon gobble them up. Or if in the garden just turn the soil every day or so & they’ll do the same, particularly robins & blackbirds

My potatoes are in pots.  Thank you so much for your help I will do as you say. thank you.

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 35 queries.