Formula 1!

• 18 Replies

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Formula 1!
« on: December 12, 2021, 14:57 »
Wow, what a final race - I couldn't watch the final lap.

Being careful not to give the result away in case someone is planning to watch on catch-up. But I need a calming drink now  :ohmy:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

snowdrops

Re: Formula 1!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 22:27 »
Yes I was on the edge of my seat, but what were they thinking! How can that be right?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 22:47 »
I'm a huge motor racing fan, but today is exactly why I stopped watching F1 years ago. There are too many rules, too many technicalities. The guys should just be allowed to race like they do in Touring Cars, Indycar and LMP. I'm happy for the winner though, not a fan of the the guy who came second, I find him an embarrasment.

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 15:33 »
good reply plot1 i fully agree with your comments

MrsPea

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2021, 15:37 »
Just as well we all have our own thoughts
I Love my green house

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 16:56 »
Does anybody remember the August Bank Holiday car racing at Brands Hatch, back in the 1950s?

The whole day usually comprised about a dozen races for every sort of car you could imagine, from sports to vintage to three-wheelers etc.,!

The old course was half the current one and is still used for some club races, and I can easily remember Graham Hill belting round in a green Austin A35! They once had a 'Mini Prix' race with just Berkeley cars, and it was just fabulous to watch! (https://www.classic-trader.com/uk/cars/search/berkeley)!

The smell of Castrol R was all part of the day too! Drivers like Jim Clarke, Archie Scott-Brown, Stuart Lewis-Evans and even John Bolster (hilarious commentator) were always around, driving like madmen with just a pok-pie helmet and bare arms! Many of the cars were self-built, and owned and driven by a chap who'd turn up with his creation on a trailer!

It really was a highlight of the year, and the family would plan the day for ages before!

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 17:17 »
I think the "Cloggies" intentions were made apparent when early on (the 5th lap maybe) he tried to run Lewis off the road and into the barrier.

Just my opinion you understand!   Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

snowdrops

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2021, 21:49 »
I’ve heard a lot about how good the winner has been all year but I personally don’t agree, he reminds me of Ayrton Senna (sp). He caused so many accidents & ended up losing his own life.
Can I ask why you find the 2nd place driver an embarrassment, I think he’s a really nice guy?

johnjsdb

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2021, 00:10 »
I totaly agree with Snowdrops about Lewis hamilton

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2021, 11:54 »
Can I ask why you find the 2nd place driver an embarrassment, I think he’s a really nice guy?

It's mostly the way he's petulant when he loses to a team mate, especially when Rosberg beat him to the title.
Also some of things he's said over the years, particularly the 'slums of Stevenage' stuff.
Don't get me wrong, he's a super fast driver, but he's always been in a good car in F1.

Drivers like Senna are what make motorsport, they're compete the hardest and make for the best spectacle. Sure there were crashes, but then horses fall, boxers get knocked out, rugby players get cauliflower ear and footballers roll over a bit. It's the nature of sport. Without drivers like Senna, Mansell and Verstappen you get a dull procession where the result is decided by pitstops.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2021, 14:28 »
Bruno Senna came to England about 12 years ago to learn the motor racing business.  Ayrton being the Uncle.  He rented one of our beautiful flats for the duration, and I have lots of memorablia etc he gave me.  He races F3.  He was a most charming and modest young man.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

rowlandwells

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2021, 16:42 »
good reply MrsPea couldn't have put it better myself its the same in sport like everything ells one has to be a good looser as well as good winner that's sports is not  :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2021, 17:09 »
I DON'T think they should change the result, I don't think Lewis would like to win because of a court decision.

I DO think that the rules need to be clarified so that someone like Masi can't make decisions that manipulate the rules and the ultimate winner of the race.

snowdrops

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2021, 23:16 »
I DON'T think they should change the result, I don't think Lewis would like to win because of a court decision.

I DO think that the rules need to be clarified so that someone like Masi can't make decisions that manipulate the rules and the ultimate winner of the race.

Yes I agree entirely with you mum, I and a lot of other people know & will always know that Verstappen didn’t really win!

Now there was a good driver Mansell, no dirty tactics with him

rowlandwells

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2021, 16:00 »
Mansell yep top man as for the rest  well we all have our own thoughts on that don't we

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 49 queries.