Will anything attack my Pumpkins if I remove the netting now?

• 3 Replies

jsgreen89

Now that I've found out that I have Pumpkin plants (and not courgettes!) I was looking to remove the netting that I placed around the plants.

For background info my plot is fairly unsecured and I've had problems with rabbits and mice, so up till now I've put green netting around each patch/trench which seems to have done the trick.

However now the netting is confining the plants and I was thinking of removing all of it, so is anything likely to eat my forming pumpkins? Or am I being paranoid?  :wacko:

Plot22

• Experienced Member
  • Don't compost your kids!!
I've never netted any squash or pumpkins and have had no problems.  It was also be incredibly impractical with the size they get to.  I would add that I do have rabbit netting around my plot but others on my site don't and nothing seems to eat their pumpkins.

peapod

• Pea Goddess
To my way of thinking, if it's worked so far then leave the netting on.  I know its a pain to weed round, especially pumps, but bunnies and mice aren't to be taken lightly (specially not bunnies).

It'd be a shame to lose your plant after all this time and  care, so net the main section at least
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

Madame Cholet

• Location: Thrapston=Home & garden Lotty=Ringstead East Northants
  • remember you're a womble
One of my courgettes looks if it has been chewed, the rest seem fine. I've seen wood mice, not surprising coming out of the wood pile. I just think they are so sweet I can only use live traps in the house.
Diary at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85680.75

Comments at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85681.15

To good friends, good food and dirty hands

Underground overground wombling free

xx
Can I remove my leek netting?

Started by Anton on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post November 05, 2023, 20:20
by Anton
xx
Debris netting or Ikea netting?

Started by Yana on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 01, 2012, 18:51
by hightide
xx
dig in or remove

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post February 25, 2014, 16:31
by DD.
xx
pumpkins pumkins and more pumpkins

Started by rowlandwells on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post October 25, 2019, 23:30
by Flowertot

Page created in 0.316 seconds with 36 queries.