Celery

• 3 Replies

SpudtheBinx

• Experienced Member
    • dave and becca blog
Celery
« on: May 20, 2008, 13:24 »
Is there any variety of outdoor celery that is good for sowing outdoors in June? It doesn't have to be massive or perfect as I plan on drying it and grinding it for seasoning. If there is a variety that will do I can go on the hunt on payday :)

David

gobs

Celery
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 16:17 »
I doubt very much so, even if you could sow in situ in June, you would need to be very much on the slug alert with the young guys. Of course there is no reason, why you could not try, but I think you'd be better of looking at buying seedlings.

For seasoning, do you mean the leaves or the seed, as you need to wait another year for the latter.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

SpudtheBinx

• Experienced Member
    • dave and becca blog
Celery
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 16:28 »
I was thinking of using the whole stem and leaves. I did some last year on a whim when I saw some reduced in asda. I sliced it thinly and chucked it in my dehydrator overnight. Ground it up the next day and it was so popular it was used up in a couple of weeks. A blend of sweet paprika and ground celery was similar to southern style seasoning. Am I likely to get some seedlings from Wyevale? I have never noticed them before but hen I have never really looked out for them.

gobs

Celery
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 16:30 »
I've never bought them but a lot of retailers, etc sell a more and more increasing variety of veg plants, have a look on the web, first. :)

xx
Normal cutting celery v Parcel celery

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post January 18, 2022, 10:26
by Snow
xx
celery

Started by rowlandwells on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post May 31, 2020, 20:28
by New shoot
xx
Celery

Started by debih on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post June 29, 2011, 23:17
by Kajazy
xx
celery

Started by harry on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 23, 2015, 12:34
by Nobbie

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 33 queries.