are they going to open

• 9 Replies

rowlandwells

are they going to open
« on: May 12, 2020, 20:04 »
i had an email today from dobbies to say they where opening there garden centre tomorrow so do i take it garden centres are now able open?

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
Re: are they going to open
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 21:17 »
Found this on Government web site published 11th May

Food retailers and food markets, hardware stores, garden centres (from Wednesday 13 May) and certain other retailers can remain open.

Also unlimited exercise allowed. 

If people are not sensible it could all be retracted, seems a bit early.
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 10:33 »
Places are opening, but they are restricting the numbers in store.  Our local B&Q has been doing the same for a few weeks now and there are long lines of people waiting to get in.

I would say expect a long wait, only go if you need to and think twice if you are in a vulnerable group.  Just because somewhere will let you in, it doesn't mean it is a good idea to go.  I've said it on another thread, but make sure you have control over your risks.  A less known local place that doesn't attract the crowds might be a better option, plus you would be supporting a small independent retailer  :)

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 20:23 »
yes i take your point new shoot i have to say I'm not going to visit the garden centre till we need something or other mainly compost just need to see how things work out we have a couple of local G/S that we support and that have been very helpful over this lock down

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 21:21 »
Personally, unless it's an emergency purchase I won't be going anywhere. If it's not safe to be with my family it's not safe enough for me to go shopping unnecessarily.  :(

jezza

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 22:24 »
Hello I have been to  wholesale garden centre thats opened to the public today it only allows 10 people in at once it's been open all the time for phone and collect and delivery  jezza

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 08:22 »
Personally, unless it's an emergency purchase I won't be going anywhere. If it's not safe to be with my family it's not safe enough for me to go shopping unnecessarily.  :(

Yes that’s how I feel at the moment. Hubby is itching to go for a drive so maybe tomorrow we’ll team it up with going to the farm shop we get our meat from a few mikes away & go a bit further to Sence valley for a walk. All no further than 15 Miles. But if it’s busy in the car park we’ll be coming home.
I read a thing on Facebook, if the lockdown is lifted, it’s not that the virus has gone, it’s that they have room for you in ICU  :ohmy: :ohmy: and I don’t want to go there or any of my loved ones either
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

wighty

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 15:20 »
A regular customer came in our shop this morning and happened to mention that he was going to the garden centre next so Paul asked if he would pick up a bag of ericacous for my blueberry for us which he did.  We go past four on our journey to work and all had queues outside.

GraciesGran

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 16:53 »
Queues outside the one near us about 40 people, most looked 70+, managed to get compost delivered anything else I will manage without.

grinling

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 22:14 »
our one opens next week, but reduced times and days. Also gives them time to stock up on some plants.
Still get cars driving up though, so have to remember not to walk in road.

xx
Difficult to open - Help ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post October 16, 2023, 14:35
by mrs bouquet
xx
Open Garden Afternoon

0 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 17:08
by mrs bouquet
xx
Library is Open - This book is excellent

24 Replies
Last post January 28, 2021, 05:28
by Growster...

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 50 queries.