Ex-Batt Chooks

• 19 Replies

DannyBoy230

Re: Ex-Batt Chooks
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 09:35 »
I knew it wouldn't be long before I got asked for the photo's!  :lol: My little girl took a few over the weekend - I'll try to rememeber how to upload them and do it tonight when I get home from work!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 09:56 »
 :lol:, looking forward to seeing them  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

Flowerpower136

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 11:25 »
So pleased you got them, and so quick!  Perfect timing.  I had to wait ages, it was agonising . . .  and soooooo exciting! :D

It is a shock when you see them?  I wish everyone could see the reality before they head for the supermarket.

The 'pecking order sorting out' can be vicious, so give them a week or so before you start worrying.

Mine have always been a relatively peaceful bunch.  Tilly the Hun being a wonderful leader and standing no nonsense from anyone, it was a given from day one that she would be head chook!

But, we lost Alice earlier in the year, lost dear Nelly last week, and Wilma, who was previously deputy head chook, is seriously menopausal, and has slipped down the pecking order.  So, at the moment, we are going through all sorts of mayhem whilst they sort themselves out!  Dear God, I never thought they had in them to be so nasty.  Tut, Tut.  But, I'm sure it will all calm down.  In the meantime, I've been busy with the Featherite, and have just laid them a new turf carpet in their run, complete with worms, so that's diverted attention.

Waiting for pics please.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 11:50 »
Good on your mate, they will make great additions once they gel with the others.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Knight Family

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 08:09 »
Well ours settled down nicely but we still have 2 going 2 years on, and I love them. hence why I went and booked some more roll on 6th November!!!!
Graham = 2x Border collie Dogs, 2x Cats, 1x Wife, 2x Kids, 2x Hamsters and now 10x chickens.

wireless
hot chooks

Started by SamT on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post May 24, 2010, 15:23
by SamT
clip
New chooks

Started by carl on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post May 20, 2013, 21:11
by grinling
xx
New chooks.

Started by colinv622 on Chicken Chat

11 Replies
Last post June 13, 2014, 13:44
by brookieme
clip
More new chooks

Started by carl on Chicken Chat

8 Replies
Last post July 18, 2013, 22:57
by carl

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 40 queries.