Renewing my Driving Licence

• 6 Replies

mrs bouquet

Renewing my Driving Licence
« on: May 01, 2020, 09:19 »
At 70+ years of age this has to be renewed every year.  My existing one runs out on 20th June 2020.
I had a form to complete (D46P) which I did and posted on 30th March 2020.    The form says, Your new licence should arrive within three weeks.
It hasn't.     I tried to telephone them this morning and the recorded message said, because of covid closed until further notice.     I am slightly panicking.        I am not sure what to do now.
Who or how do I ask about my licence.     Mrs Bouquet

Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

johnjsdb

• Experienced Member

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: Renewing my Driving Licence
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 10:02 »
MB, as per the link johnjsdb posted, you can carry on as you were while you are waiting for your license to return, unless advised otherwise by your doctor or have a pre-existing health condition that worsens and affects your driving. The rules are even being relaxed for HGV and bus drivers at the moment.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 11:18 »
Thank you both for your re-assurance.    Why do these things always come to me just when I am going to bed, as happened with this yesterday  ::).     I haven't driven my car for weeks, so I don't know why I was panicking.
One thought led to another.    I ought to give the car a good drive for a few miles, to charge the battery, and that of course led to the driving licence.  Then it is 11.30 pm and it looks as though my bedroom has been ransacked  -  well it had  :wacko:  Mrs Bouquet

sunnywillow

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 18:53 »
Mrs b .....this site says you renew every 3 years     https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/travel-hobbies/driving/  so no need to panic.  I also have hit the 'magic number' but no-one is going to stop me driving :D :D

Stay safe

polo71

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 12:25 »
I have a medical 3 year licence that has just run out in March, I was sent the forms 3rd week in December 2019 filled them in and posted back 24th December still not heard back from them and I am still driving. I think my delay is because they would have had to write to my GP and then with DVLA only doing certain things due to the pandemic, I have emailed DLVA just as a reference for my peace of mind but all I got was a automated response.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 14:40 »
I got the same response.  Basically - closed down -      The local Bobby tells me not to worry.  Everybody is in the same boat, and the police will not take driving licence action.   But I didn't know the renewal was three years for some reason I had annually fixed in my mind.  So thanks for letting me know that.    Mrs B

xx
Driving Licence

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post July 02, 2020, 06:34
by GraciesGran
xx
Driving when banned

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post June 08, 2018, 14:21
by mrs bouquet
xx
driving licences

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post May 08, 2019, 21:09
by jezza
xx
new driving rules [highway code]

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

22 Replies
Last post February 12, 2022, 18:16
by jezza

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 42 queries.