Sad but true ... am I the only one who has a list?

• 21 Replies

Goosegirl

Re: Sad but true ... am I the only one who has a list?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 11:00 »
Oh Snows! So sorry you've been poorly especially at this time.  :( Rang our rellies in Oxfordshire and they've been struck down by a most awful 'flu' bug that's going round there. One of my dear friends is also ill, my OH is trying to work through a flu-like thing and I'm not feeling too clever at the moment either. The main thing is we're ok, had some lovely presents, and now going to snuggle down by the fire with some good DVDs. Snows - do as Goosey says and don't you DARE get out of bed (or if you do) take it easy! xxx 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2017, 14:46 »
I hope everyone's list went more or less according to plan, depending on how many sherbets were consumed, and when :lol: :lol:

Our dinner was lovely... here are all our veggies assembled beforehand, with the cranberry jelly that our 12yr old granddaughter made  :D :D

And I do hope you feel a bit better now Snowy
P1180810.JPG
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

snowdrops

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2017, 20:11 »
Thanks everyone, getting a bit better day by day. Dinner arrived on time, everything was there & everyone said how lovely it was & I agreed, in truth I couldn’t taste it but that didn’t matter, I was only up to a very smal portion. It was lovely that they all got on & pulled their fingers out, just goes to show they can( & will again,cue evil laugh). It was made all the more special by our super cute 22 month old granddaughter.
Sunny that harvest looks great,well done.
Hope everyone else had a lovely day too
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2017, 12:58 »
Pleased to hear you are on the mend Snowy...  nothing like a little one to share a cuggle or two with, is there?  :D :D

madcat

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2017, 10:12 »
Poor Snowy!  And all the others who race to the finish line at work, kick back for a few days off, and promptly go sick.  Coughs, colds, upset tummies and the rest - it is as if our bodies are finally getting a look in and their revenge.

Thinking about lists, back when I was very junior in management and getting stressed by all I had to do and remember, I was taught on a course to write it down - if you write it down, you won't forget and you can prioritize.  That was the beginning of a lifelong list habit.  I dont remember anything else from that course ....  but it has got me through some major crises and lots of minor ones, like Christmas.  Power to the list makers!   :) :)

All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

snowdrops

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2017, 10:33 »
Thanks MC, I’m on the mend  now I think, review with nurse at the drs yesterday no infection but referral to the asthma nurse to see if it is that. Antibiotics now finished.
Although Christmas was lovely done by hubby & children, I do feel id have coped better if my list making had been up to the mark as normal & also my present buying & wrapping had been done early as usual. But it taught the family how much easier it is if it’s done in an orderly fashion with lots of lists haha

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2017, 11:12 »
That sound positive Snowy. If you do have asthma, for most people it cana be well controlled and life goes on pretty much as before.

I used to be an obsessive list-maker, but now restrict myself to fewer. I no longer have a pencil and paper by my bed to write things down when I wake up in the night so I remember them in the morning. Life is more laid back these days... usually!

clip
Too true...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post March 28, 2022, 18:41
by Growster...
xx
So true

Started by Pescador on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post November 13, 2018, 14:54
by Goosegirl
xx
allotment fees going up is it true??

Started by LILLILEAF on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post April 17, 2023, 12:54
by pdblake
xx
Sounds too good to be true? Not this time!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post October 19, 2019, 14:26
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 45 queries.