coxoid and eggs

• 1 Replies

redspookycooky

coxoid and eggs
« on: November 08, 2009, 08:19 »
hi after a previous post regarding my poorly chicken/s i was advised to use coxoid i am starting treatment today but am wondering;
a) can you eat the eggs(if i get any see below)) when on treatment and if not how long for?
b) and they have gone through the moult but aren`t laying i have 10 girls and only maybe 1 egg  a week at a push, haven`t had a decent supply for months now. i have vary ages from 2 yr old ex batts to young chickens due to lay but not, any help greatly appreciated.
Just want to say how great it is to have a site like this,don`t know why haven`t thought to use it before!

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
Re: coxoid and eggs
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 11:01 »
Hello! this time of year egg production does slow down and if the flock is suffering from coccidiosis this will have an impact too! treat with coxoid for the 7 days it states, (then give them some oregostim or yoghurt as this will help them get their good bacteria back and give them a boost)i asked my vet about egg withdrawel (even though mine were babies still) he said anything that isnt licensed for laying poultry (where the eggs are used for human consumption) you should discard eggs whilst treating and for 7 days afterwards. hope this helps

Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xx
Coxoid and eating eggs

Started by Wildeone on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 01, 2008, 08:29
by si-mate
xx
coxoid

Started by marion on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 14, 2010, 13:43
by marion
xx
Coxoid help please

Started by conventgirl on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post June 24, 2008, 19:38
by Kate and her Ducks
xx
Coxoid - Egg Withdrawal Period

Started by SJC on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 14, 2012, 00:38
by wildwitchy

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 38 queries.