HMRC Text

• 4 Replies

jezza

HMRC Text
« on: November 25, 2020, 19:14 »
Hello is I've just had a text from a number 60886 saying that its HMRC about Self -Employed Income Support Scheme and to click on GOV UK,I think this is a scam as it should be GOV.UK theres no dot between GOV and UK in their message, just thought if any one else gets this sort of text to read it properly as this is the text I received the last time from the same number asking for bank passwords and account details     jezza

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: HMRC Text
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 19:28 »
HMRC do not text or email people like this.  100% scam.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

GraciesGran

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 06:43 »
Husband also received this.  He's a technophobe  and only close family members have his number.  Obviously automatically generating numbers.

wighty

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 08:28 »
We've had it as well and double checked with our accountants.  Scam 100% as they do not use text or e-mails to contact you. There's so many of these bl.........ing things around at the moment.

jezza

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 14:54 »
I got a phone call yesterday from allegedly the tax office saying I had been over charged on my latest tax return and if I gave him my bank account details he would put the over payment back in I know it's a scam because the amount he quoted is wrong and I already know how much I have to pay,to keep him happy I gave him an old defunct 10 pound note number,he said he would sort it in the next 7 working days jezza

xx
Scam text

Started by grinling on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post October 08, 2020, 22:34
by jezza
xx
Hospital appointment reminder text ??

Started by Hampshire Hog on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post November 20, 2022, 12:12
by Hampshire Hog

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 41 queries.