sunflowers on wasted plot

• 2 Replies

Ian_A

• Experienced Member
« on: August 22, 2010, 17:44 »
plot next to me has dozens and dozens of the blasted things - many about 3-4metres tall and making a very "effective" sun block to my plot..ahem.

The plot owners have done nothing to the plot in months so the weeds are about 1m tall and the few veg they planted have gone to seed ages ago: lettuce, beetroot, fennel, broccoli, onions! As indeed happened last year. A real shame but my sympathy went weeks ago.

digalotty

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 18:29 »
ian i would have to ask the committee to send a letter saying use it or loose it , providing there are no special circumstances
when im with my 9yr old she's the sensible one

Ian_A

• Experienced Member
Re: sunflowers on wasted plot
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 18:50 »
I sent a letter to the committee at the start of june and the plot holders on the other sides of this plot have also contacted the committee. Not one of us has heard back with even an acknowledgement. The plot owner in question is fine - we have a mutual friend in common. But she did this last year too.

I even spoke to one of the committee the other week about it when she came over seeing how I was doing with my plot. I expressed my concern about the state the neighbour's plot was in, the weeds and seeds and stuff blowing only my plot etc.

She said she had too many things to do with people moaning about this and that and would love to come to the allotment and tend to her stuff rather than deal with politics of it all! When I pointed out she ASKED to go on the committee a year ago she huffed!

So I wrote another letter to the committee about her attitude. I hate moaning, I really do - but incompetence really does annoy me.

xx
24 inches wasted!

Started by Kleftiwallah on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post August 06, 2016, 21:25
by Kleftiwallah
xx
Peat Pots; have I just wasted my money?

Started by yorkiegal on Grow Your Own

26 Replies
Last post May 03, 2012, 08:19
by Madame Cholet
xx
sunflowers

Started by masie on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 22, 2010, 19:53
by strangerachael
xx
Sunflowers

Started by boybeck on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 17, 2009, 16:15
by lisa80

Page created in 0.398 seconds with 39 queries.