Red Mite

• 17 Replies

Boxfanman

• Experienced Member
Re: Red Mite
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 00:07 »
Thanks for advice.

I have powdered my girls and inspected them and could see no evidence of mites on them and their skin was in good condition.

I went around with a blow torch where I had seen evidence of the mites, very quickly, not enough to scorch wood, but enough to get it very hot, few spiders come out but no mites.

Going to add powder to their dust bath as they didn't seem keen on my technique of talcing them...

Stree

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 13:25 »
 I have just spoken with Fort Dodge ( Manufacturer of Deosan/Deosect) technical dept and  it seems that due to more stringent requirements the licence to use this on poultry was not renewed........The product remains unchanged and previously required no egg withdrawal if using on the birds or the housing.
The off the record advice was that if it was effective and safe before then it remains the same although EU regs determine that it cannot be advertised for poultry any longer....
So I am more than happy to blast the mites with it!
Then keep up the preventative regime with the organic solutions, because I feel that Deosect should only be used to clear infestations  and not as a frequent application.
Thats my two penn`orth anyway, hope it helps.

poultrygeist

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 16:37 »
Thanks for that Stree. Sound advice and good to have an alternative product for those who need it, obviously used within the guidelines you state. :)

Rob 8)

xx
Ulti-mite red mite treatment

Started by Honeysuckle on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 15, 2012, 08:03
by ehs284
xx
Red Mite v Red Spider Mite

Started by Bodger on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 27, 2008, 20:03
by Miss Bean
xx
Is red mite the same as red spider mite?

Started by Carla on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 24, 2010, 14:47
by Carla
xx
Red Mite

Started by animal mad on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 12, 2009, 22:24
by mumsy

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 35 queries.