Ouch

• 2 Replies

al78

Ouch
« on: October 27, 2019, 22:00 »
I've been given a greenhouse by a friend who is giving up her plot (yay). I went to the local garden centre today to buy some thick fence posts made from treated timber to use as a base, and I will construct the base on site when I have prepared the ground (which I will do if it ever stops raining!). I went to thbe plot to clear the ground where the greenhouse will go, which involved digging up a couple of soft fruit bushes which have never produced anything other than half a dozen berries each and otherwise just consume space. The bushes didn't seem too happy about eviction and the root system put up a bit of a fight. There are twol or three thick long roots which come out horizontally from the centre and it was those which made the bush hard to get out. I managed it with a combination of digging the soil around to loosen the roots, a lot olf wiggling the fork back and forth, and finally deadlifting it out of the ground. I haven't done deadlifting in the gym for eight months, and I can now feel soreness and the occasional sharp twinge in my lower back when I twist in a certain way. From past experience it should ease over the coming week, but is probably a sign I need to go back to the gym and start weight training to build my strength up. Cycling and having an office job which involves sitting down all day doesn't do much for overall muscular strength.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Ouch
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 10:54 »
You have my sympathy, sore backs are a PITA ( sometimes literally!)

Growster...

Re: Ouch
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 18:01 »
After such hard work, the remedy I was advised to use, was just to lie flat on the floor (not the bed), and relax.

Everything then lapses into a normal position, and if the dog doesn't come along licking everywhere, then you'll be fine after a half hour or so!

As Mum says, it can be a B*mmer

xx
Ouch.

Started by Plot 6B on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post April 19, 2022, 20:20
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 39 queries.