You're going to need a bigger cat-flap!

• 4 Replies

Goosegirl

You're going to need a bigger cat-flap!
« on: December 22, 2017, 15:53 »
Our current cat flap's magnet is not, how shall we say, doing the biz as every time a puff of wind blows against it a cold current of air soon pervades my little office area. Yes, I cleaned the cat fluff off but to no avail. Time to get a new one "large cats and small dogs" size. The first one's magnet was useless so got another one which was also useless. Finally got one with a good magnet and installed it. Two cats went in and out no problem; unfortunately our female tubby tabby called Weasel took offence to its only slightly slimmer outline, decided she wasn't going to get through, and promptly had a wee right next to it. Cue lots of mopping and refreshing applications. We looked at each other and said in unison "We're going to need a bigger cat flap"! One has just arrived and should do the trick.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: You're going to need a bigger cat-flap!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 16:10 »
 :) Perhaps you could have saved the extra expense if you'd not told Weasel it was nothing to get into a flap about.  :unsure:

Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 16:47 »
Our JRT is so small, that she had to leave her second lot of 'parents', as she used to chase the cats they had through their catflap!

I'm glad she came to live here though, but I wish she would stop biting her fur these days, Mrs Growster is giving her a telling off as we speak...

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 16:53 »
GG, did you know you can get catflaps that only open for your cats? They have to be micro chipped though. I got 1 when I got my late mother’s cats I didn’t like the thought of other cats maybe coming in. Works a treat, doesn’t flap when it shouldn’t.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Auntiemogs

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 11:20 »
GG, did you know you can get catflaps that only open for your cats? They have to be micro chipped though. I got 1 when I got my late mother’s cats I didn’t like the thought of other cats maybe coming in. Works a treat, doesn’t flap when it shouldn’t.
We bought the large (pet door) size, as Izzy is quite a portly puss (although he says he's just 'floofy').  It is very good, and even with the battery taken out (to disengage the locks, as the 'click' scares him), the magnets hold the door so well that it's usually pegged open (he has issue with having to push it open).  We've had it for nearly three years now and I'm still hoping that one day he will learn to use it.  ::) :D :lol:
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 44 queries.