Yellow fallout

• 4 Replies

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
Yellow fallout
« on: March 28, 2021, 16:38 »
 Our car was clean yesterday. To look at it, you would think we never washed it!
The yellow is pine pollen, we are in the middle of pine pollen season.  It literally blows around in clouds this time of year.  The pine pollen is a nuisance, but thankfully does not cause allergies.
16169456456441960931765.jpg
16169460509172056988512.jpg
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 16:41 by Subversive_plot »
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

snowdrops

Re: Yellow fallout
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 07:49 »
Never considered that pine trees produce pollen, do you get honey from local bee keepers that collect from the pines?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 12:29 »
The neighbors had a silver birch that dropped catkins and pollen and leaves it made such a mess and got into the cars.   They have cut it down now.   Does the pollen come from cones on the tree ??  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 18:53 »
Never considered that pine trees produce pollen, do you get honey from local bee keepers that collect from the pines?

Snowdrops, I could be wrong, but I suspect the bees might not be interested in the pine pollen.  I've never seen them go after that pollen.

The neighbors had a silver birch that dropped catkins and pollen and leaves it made such a mess and got into the cars.   They have cut it down now.   Does the pollen come from cones on the tree ??  Mrs Bouquet

Mrs. B, there is the equivalent of a 'male cone' on the pines, and once the are done making pollen, they drop too.  Of course, the pine cones you usually think of are the female cones. The fallen male cones do make a mess, but bagged up off the lawn, they composts nicely!

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 06:03 »
There's an ancient yew tree behind us, which chucks great swathes of pollen all over the place about now, and thereafter, the seeds seem to get everywhere as well - mostly in the greenhouse gutter...

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 42 queries.