• Experienced Member
Re: Progress!
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 09:21 »
Well done!  It look amazing!

PennyS

• My website
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 09:42 »
Thanks everyone.  I joined this site last year when I was right at the beginning, and I drew great comfort from seeing other people's "before and after" stories on here so I hope this helps someone else who's starting off.

I have to say, I've learned so much from these forums, I don't really think I'd have got as much done as I have, without the advice from the lovely people here, and hopefully you've all saved me from making too many mistakes.
 :D
Lotty holder since Aug 09... I've FINALLY finished clearing it! On with the p.lanting  ....

PennyS

• My website
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 09:49 »
I'm in a similar situation to you Penny, I got the peice of land I'm turning into an allotment last year but didn't manage to get anything done due to work. I've just been off for 2 weeks and been able to get loads done. I think it's amazing how much it starts to look like an allotment even when the grass has been removed. My plot is full of couch grass and it's heavy clay soil so it's hard work digging it all over, but as I keep telling myself 'It will all be worth it in the end'. A bit more digging this week and I'll hopefully be putting something in the ground. I've got loads of stuff at home ready to go in. Good luck with the rest of your plot
Keep going!  It will be worth it, I promise  :)

strangerachael

• Weedybeanz
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 16:08 »
Make sure you post some pictures in midsummer, when everything is in full swing!
Rachael

madcat

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 16:45 »
Hasn't she done well!   :D  I'm exhausted just reading what you have in the ground....  wow.
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

theakston_uk

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2010, 21:49 »
Here you go Penny, here is a before and a how it looks this evening photo. The before pic is taken at the back right of the plot, the after is taken from a different angle near the back left of the plot
01 (600 x 450).jpg
007 (600 x 450).jpg

PennyS

• My website
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 22:16 »
Here you go Penny, here is a before and a how it looks this evening photo. The before pic is taken at the back right of the plot, the after is taken from a different angle near the back left of the plot
Wow - keep going you're doing great  :D

xx
Progress at last!!

Started by Ruth Cross on Grow Your Own

26 Replies
Last post November 22, 2007, 01:42
by SkipRat
xx
Bed 2 Progress

Started by Glen on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post February 29, 2008, 21:29
by Aidy
xx
Progress

Started by Lady Lottie on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post June 20, 2009, 01:43
by Trillium
xx
progress so far

Started by sazzy123 on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 12, 2009, 10:03
by Celery

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 38 queries.