Nothing showing yet

• 11 Replies

hubballi

Nothing showing yet
« on: March 20, 2010, 12:21 »
I planted some B Beans, Peas and Tomatoes over 2 weeks ago in my greenhouse and nothing is showing yet !!! Is this normal ? Also, my plastic greenhouse that I repaired has leaked in rain and it has soaked the pot the tomato seeds were planted in. I just hope they will survive. Nothing seems to go right for me.

digalotty

Re: Nothing showing yet
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 12:26 »
i would sow some indoors just incase ,   and dont panick over dissasters at this point theres plenty of time yet .
and when something does go right it will taste all the sweeter :D
when im with my 9yr old she's the sensible one

garddwr

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 12:29 »
Don't give up :) My peppers and chillis took a month indoors and still there's some still popping through  ::)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 12:59 »
I planted some B Beans, Peas and Tomatoes over 2 weeks ago in my greenhouse and nothing is showing yet !!! Is this normal ? Also, my plastic greenhouse that I repaired has leaked in rain and it has soaked the pot the tomato seeds were planted in. I just hope they will survive. Nothing seems to go right for me.

It's much too cold still for tomatoes out in a greenhouse, resow indoors on the windowledge.
Beans and peas should still be ok though, they will show when they are ready to :)

babycakes

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 14:52 »
even at 4 weeks mine wernt showing so i took advice off here and put in airing cupboard and they were up within a few days  ::)

Paul Plots

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 16:07 »

It's much too cold still for tomatoes out in a greenhouse, resow indoors on the windowledge.
Beans and peas should still be ok though, they will show when they are ready to :)

Definitely agree - tom seed in unheated greenhouse = no chance.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

kingdhesiii

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 18:39 »
I planted some toms 2 week ago in an unheated greenhouse and most seem to have come up. Maybe just lucky.
Woooooooooooooo

Timebandit

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 18:48 »
we are in cheshire too. planted peas and bean under glass and they took 4 weeks to show . they are just coming up at the start of this week . toms were sown indoors and came up in five days .. resow toms indoors and relax  8)

pink aubergine

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 19:00 »
I agree that toms need heat to start off, but varieties vary as do suppliers. I have several varieties on the go all from different sources, Alicante and ferline came up first, gardeners delight and marmande about a week behind. Who knows what affected the germination rate, they were all fresh seed.
I'm lucky in that I have heated propagators, heated sandbench and a growlight to assist propagation. Even then the germination rates surprise me!

Peas will survive in an unheated greenhouse, but in my expereince beans will not, the shoots will need protection til after the frosts have passed ( 2nd week May here in the south but be prepared to cover with fleece for another 2 weeks!)

corco2000

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 19:24 »
Raspberries-apple-plum and pear trees....I planted these last winter, no sign of life yet in them, is this normal. When would I expect to see buing through.

DavidT

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 19:29 »
Spring is at least a month late this year ( some experts are even saying 6 weeks ). So be patien everyone, if you`ve sown seed, as I have, then expect to wait a little bit longer for germination. :D

Paul Plots

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 10:24 »
A month late suits me so well..... I have so little available time at the moment I don't intend to get going with this years season until the end of March but then.... :)  :)  :)  :)

xx
nothing showing yet :(

Started by stephent on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 06, 2013, 21:47
by Mark's Sussex Allotment
xx
Showing Veg

Started by rugbymad40 on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post August 07, 2006, 22:51
by Oliver
xx
veg showing

Started by bailey on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 22, 2009, 14:10
by joyfull
xx
showing veg

Started by ian30 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post February 27, 2008, 21:42
by gobs

Page created in 0.49 seconds with 38 queries.