Any smokers out there?

• 22 Replies

Janeymiddlewife

Re: Any smokers out there?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 18:46 »
Thanks all. Glad to know I am not the only one who sends the smoke alarm bananas. :wacko:
Must show OH this fact as the supercillious look on his face everytime I do it, makes me want to slap him. >:(  The heat from the grill will set the darn thing off :(

Mrs B, our local fire brigade fitted several in our house FOC that don't go off if you burn food, mind you, I had to have a fire first, admitted to ignoring the smoke alarm when I was cooking burgers, it kept going off, I was busy ignoring it, except there really was a fire  :ohmy:
They were very nice about it, and came out about 3 months later to fit them - only 1 not very "fit" bloke though and 2 laydees turned up  :(  had my recently divorced friend on standby, but txt her not to bother coming over as there were no eye candy blokes  :lol:

Edit to clarify quoted text
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 18:50 by argyllie »

Mrs Bee

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 19:01 »
That did make me laugh Janey. :lol: :lol:

My friend's son in law is a fireman. Rather gorgeous in body and spirit. He has on occasions, on the way back from a shout at about 6am, stopped off at friend's house for coffee and cake with his mates leaving fire-engine outside her house.

SHe like myself cooks and bakes from scratch. You have no idea what that does for a fireman!!

Several hugs and kisses and being picked up off her feet by several lovely fireman had her all of a doodah and she had to go and have a little sit down. :lol:

All said fireman are very respectful and friendly whenever they meet her. It is the power of cake ;) ;)

viettaclark

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 22:46 »
Power of cake....
Ohhhh yes! :D

BussinSpain

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 08:12 »
when we lived in the UK our neighbour made a smoke house out of an enormous dustbin and used the wood shavings from my husbands wood-turning.  Be careful about the wood that you use as some are poisonous!!!  He smoked mackerel, duck, even his own home-made sausages!   Eventually my husband will make one out here in Spain.  Happy smoking :lol:
Now what shall I do today?

Mrs Bee

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 09:54 »
when we lived in the UK our neighbour made a smoke house out of an enormous dustbin and used the wood shavings from my husbands wood-turning.  Be careful about the wood that you use as some are poisonous!!!  He smoked mackerel, duck, even his own home-made sausages!   Eventually my husband will make one out here in Spain.  Happy smoking :lol:

Thank for that. Don't want to poison anyone. :ohmy:
I think I will get a book and read up on it before I take any action.
I was seduced by the look of the BBQ/smoker and thought that it was a reasonable price.

WIll have to think if this will be a fad and used for  a while and then forgotten about. :blush:

catllar

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 23:39 »
I bought a stovetop smoker big enough for a couple of trout. Then OH made one from a dustbin - works well - love smoked spuds and smoked heads of garlic.Not as user friendly as a BBQ however, and you can have too much of a good thing.

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 08:27 »
Smoked potatoes? Interesting!  :)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

Mrs Bee

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 12:44 »
Smoked spuds, well I will try anything once, twice if I like it.

Have just seen a BBQ/smoker in Morrisons for a very cheap price.

OH moved me along the aisle rather quickly using the trolley as a prod :(

Still thinking on this one.  :wub:

Did see James Martin using a smoke gun on Saturday kitchen but the write ups on Amazon were not totally conclusive.

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 30 queries.