Worming ages...

• 22 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Worming ages...
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 23:01 »
I'll take my camera downstairs wth me in the morning,and if I find anymore, I'll photograph them for you auntie, I know how you like poo pics!!!!  :lol:  :lol:

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
Worming ages...
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 23:03 »
Thankyou Aunt Sally, sometimes i feel i have learnt alot about looking after my girlies and then i realise i still have so much to learn!!! :roll:  this forum has been a life line, thanks everyone
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foxy

Worming ages...
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 23:06 »
Hi the dose is 6g (about a teaspoon)to 5kg of feed mixed in really well and given for 7days as their main diet.
I worm mine twice a year spring and autumn as they free range  so have lots of access to worms . I also am careful to move drinkers around and keep feeders inside as the ground around drinkers can be an ideal area to pick them up.
Personally I wouldn't worry overmuch about a few worms, only a real problem on heavily grazed runs with a lot of wild birds, crows, pidgeons etc. Worms are only a health problem if you find gapeworm and have bantams or the worm load is heavy. Keeping the gut healthy and hostile to worms with apple cider vinegar is also a good idea!

GrannieAnnie

Worming ages...
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2008, 23:08 »
On 7th September it will be a year since we got our first day old chicks. I had never raised them from day old before, we used to get them at POL or rescued ex free rangers, but in that year I have learnt such a lot, mostly from this forum, and from a few others, plus the odd book and Smallholder Magazine!

But I am learning something new every day almost, still loads to learn, but hey, I've got plenty of time (I hope!!!!!)   :lol:

Foxy

Worming ages...
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2008, 23:10 »
Quote from: "GrannieAnnie"
I'll take my camera downstairs wth me in the morning,and if I find anymore, I'll photograph them for you auntie, I know how you like poo pics!!!!  :lol:  :lol:

please not toooo early! :shock:  :shock:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Worming ages...
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2008, 23:44 »
Thanks Grannie

GrannieAnnie

Worming ages...
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 10:49 »
Don't worry Foxy, I don't often do 'early' on a sunday!!  Even though my friend who lives 10 miles away phoned me yesterday to say she is desperate for money, so would Brian like to get up at 6am and take her and her stuff to her local boot sale then come back home again!!! lol  

Brian wasn't impressed!!

But now breakfast is over, I'm going down to feed the chicks, so I'll see what they've left behind since they got up!!!! lol

Daisycow

Worming ages...
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2008, 15:58 »
Thanks for all your replies :D !! I think I am gonna go ahead, worm them all and then they are all up together. I don't know a lot about worms, but I have seen 3 of them opening their beaks and gaping, so I dont want to take any chances!! :?

xx
What ages to move on please?

Started by GerryOB on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 04, 2010, 09:18
by GerryOB
question
Is it important to know their ages?

Started by Lindeggs on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 14, 2011, 06:54
by joyfull
xx
different ages, different pellets?

Started by themagicaltoad1 on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post July 12, 2009, 21:57
by nimue4
xx
Chicken ages

Started by Bonniebean on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 12, 2010, 09:32
by Bonniebean

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 38 queries.