panic buying

• 24 Replies

rowlandwells

panic buying
« on: September 30, 2021, 14:25 »
just thinking what should we panic buy next week well beer of cause pubs running and supermarkets are running dry if that happens then we must call in the army as there's going to be riots in the streets what no alcohol for the football fans and all the supermarket shelves with no beer what's going on in the country

there was panic buying when sugar once then there was in shortage of fuel because  the tanker drivers went  on strike again panic buying fuel at the pumps then it was toilet roll then the pandemic and everything went into panic mode buying everything so what's next could it be turkeys for Christmas O no not turkeys Christmas without turkeys never so what should we make up for the news medium to panic everyone into  buying next week

come on help me out what should we say's next to get people out panic buying and someone had the cheek to say  it was the pensioners who caused the fuel shortage filling there vehicles up to go clubbing at night possibly true?

someone also told me there doing a roaring trade in jerrycans  i wonder why and who would want to buy jerrycans I ask myself  and for what purpose I think we all need to buy electric vehicles so they can hipe up the cost of electricity now that does make cense don't  it

mumofstig

• Global Moderator

jezza

Re: panic buying
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 17:38 »
Hello I know some one who works in a fast food outlet with a petrol station attached,a customer was grumbling at her about the fuel shortage,she was fed up so mentioned that the sausage rolls and pasties would be in short supply next week,best days taking they have ever had sold out and finished 2 hours early   jezza

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 17:49 »
There's an old yarn about a shop keeper who over-ordered a lot of mustard.

He put a huge pile of the yellow jars in the shop-window with a sign saying "Only two per customer"...

Sold the lot that day!

jezza

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2021, 18:06 »
My uncle did some thing like that with some cars he was trying to sell,Wheels and tyres £400 car free  ,he shifted all six in a couple of days    jezza

rowlandwells

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 17:06 »
Hi all I've managed to get my meat order for Christmas great but don't know if I'm going to get any  electricity to cook it mite have to BBQ it or get a old oil drum and some pallets to cook it  :D :D

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 17:37 »
I'm just doing my usual 'thing' - once we get to July/August I start adding a few extra things to my monthly supermarket delivery, then by the time we get to the holidays, apart from the perishables, like salad and cream, I've very little still to buy.
My Christmas meat, is already stashed away (I don't do Turkey ::)) I've just got to keep eating plot beans now, so there's more room in the freezer going forward  :lol: :lol: :lol:

rowlandwells

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2021, 12:03 »
we also don't do turkey Mum but I'm really annoyed what was said on the television last night that we have to many  pigs and they where going to cull some of them what on earth is this country coming to could it be if there's shortage of pork at Christmas that will definitely  drive the price of pork up >:(

I'm not a vegetarian for from it but I strongly believe every animal that's reared for human consumption should have some decent life before its put into the food chain and not just have its life ended because there's to many to me this both  criminal and inhumane for this  to happen when there's people out there can't afford to buy a piece of pork well that's my take on this mater  :mad: how do you feel about that happening

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2021, 14:46 »
I'm ashamed to admit this. In the early 1970s when there was a fuel crisis and every other trade union was orchestrating strikes with resultant shortages in the shops. a couple of us in the local pub used to create panic buying. We'd say in a loud whisper to a mate that the local Co-op was about to run out of sugar, or bleach or anything we could think of. The rumour spread like wildfire...........................

grinling

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2021, 18:09 »
Our petrol stations have been limiting how much to buy, but this includes emergency services.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2021, 15:17 »
Like somebody said, I add a few bits to my trolly now and then.  I may be on my own, so I shall do normal for me I expect.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2021, 20:46 »
Tesco had a load of chicken fillets on their 'sell-by date' shelf today...

I resisted the temptation, because we don't have a cubic inch in our freezers, what with the raaas and the toms etc...

I panic bought a bottle of milk instead, as that goes in the fridge!

GraciesGran

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2021, 21:32 »
Panic buying here means dog food, red wine and chocolate.

Growster...

Panic buying...
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2021, 12:19 »
Five packs of cheese footballs just now - all the shops ran out by the end of November around here...

Plus, what's going on at Ryvita? Mrs Growster is still addicted to the multi-grain (green box), and it's nowhere to be seen! The new blue box, quinoa and sesame, is pretty good though, so I panic bought three of those as well!

I also tried to panic buy some rock salt for the slippery paths, but couldn't find any!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Panic buying...
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2021, 21:13 »
Five packs of cheese footballs just now - all the shops ran out by the end of November around here...

There is a bit of a rush on them where I work as well.  Devotees are known to sweep them off the shelf into a basket and run to the till.  I hope you managed your panic buying with a little more decorum than that Mr G  :lol:

We have mountains of stock arriving on a daily basis.  I reckon all these stories of shortages are some devious plot by the food retail sector  ;)

xx
Panic at the birdbox

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post May 21, 2021, 14:47
by mrs bouquet
xx
Buying Clothes

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post October 24, 2019, 10:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
buying meat

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post April 01, 2023, 09:56
by rowlandwells
xx
buying plants on line

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post February 29, 2024, 14:59
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 54 queries.