Help with my duck

• 2 Replies

kerrygirls

Help with my duck
« on: March 18, 2010, 15:28 »
I have an aylsbury drake about 1 year old.  About 3 months ago he became lame on one leg.  The vet said it was slightly swollen and he had a course of antibiotics.  Since then he has had 2 more lots of abs but he is still lame on the leg and now it has become a lot more swollen.  He is still eating, swimming and treading the ducks and otherwise seems healthy.  Can anyone help?

Kate and her Ducks

Re: Help with my duck
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 15:36 »
Hi, sorry to hear that he is having troubles. I don't have an answer but have to say that if 3 courses of antibiotics haven't helped, a 4th won't either.

Where abouts is the swelling? Is it all over the leg or just at the joint? Does he have any callouses on the foot or any wounds that you can see?

If he is still happy and getting on with draky things it is unlikely to be anything serious.

Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

kerrygirls

Re: Help with my duck
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 16:19 »
Hi there.  Thanks for replying so quickly.  The leg is swollen all the way down.  I can't see any callouses or wounds.  As you say, he seems healthy enough otherwise so I don't think it is serious but I don't like the idea that he may be uncomforable or in pain.  He's not walking around much today. 

xx
1 aylesbury duck with 1 runner duck

Started by thedalaisheep on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 17, 2011, 10:29
by joyfull
xx
My first ever duck egg!

Started by cariad345 on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post June 11, 2008, 13:30
by peggyprice
xx
i need duck help new to this

Started by alotment shed on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post March 25, 2009, 21:02
by Kate and her Ducks
xx
duck egg

Started by flatcap on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post March 04, 2007, 19:28
by muntjac

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 33 queries.