Allotment Most Hated Chore

• 33 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 08:43 »
I spent half an hour searching the shed for my keys. They were in my pocket. Wonder how they got there?  :D
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

trapper

most hated chore
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2006, 20:24 »
Hi everyone, well its just gotta be keeping on top of the weeding, what was a well Rounded plot last week is now like a day of the triffids, yes I should get down more often, yes I should spend more time hoeing, but somehow other things seem more interesting to do!. So I have stopped beating myself up about it and engaged a dear old pal to at least help a little, amazing but with the pals help I am on top if it now.! Oh the pals name is Glyphosate and we are to be married
. summat I have to tell the wife!!!!
Trapper
The things I sow sometimes dont grow I'm sorley disenchanted. But oh what fun I have with stuff ,I havn't even planted.

Biscombe

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 16:40 »
We've got 3 terraces covered in grape vines, I spent today pruning them and putting the twigs into bundles for the BBQ got blisters and only done one terrace!! so at the moment its pruning grape vines! Off top watch the footie now come on En-ger-land!!
Happy Gardening

becky

• Experienced Member
    • http://chickentopia.blogspot.com/
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 19:36 »
My most hated job, is the entire process of growing potatoes! Planting them, earthing them up, watering them, if they need it, then digging them out. All of it bugs me. I do like eating them though, so it is worth it.
Peas out!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 19:49 »
Quote from: "Biscombe"
We've got 3 terraces covered in grape vines, I spent today pruning them and putting the twigs into bundles for the BBQ got blisters and only done one terrace!! so at the moment its pruning grape vines! Off top watch the footie now come on En-ger-land!!

Oh dear Biscombe, that's so awful. Val and I are really moved by your plight and would like to offer you a home swap to save you. :)

mum of 3

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 20:38 »
this is the time of year i dislike,pulling out and clearing up of the used up crops.trying to keep in mind plans for next year but its quite a sad time

noshed

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 20:42 »
I think it's quite exciting now - a new season starting really. And that lovely smell of compost. Everyone on our site is digging up their tomatoes and chopping them up for their compost heap. And people are taking over new plots so it's a new beginning.
Must be all that late sun to my head today.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 21:05 »
I know exactly what you mean Noshed  :D   I'm one of those new allotment holders, we just took over ours today  :roll: It's rather derelict so lots to do :(  I hope to be soontohaveashed  :lol:

Annie

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2006, 23:15 »
Washing plant pots out,especially all those smaller ones that were shoehorned into the shed months ago that I know I should have washed and bagged then.They are now home to enormouse spiders,I also found a cache of hazel nuts but can`t see where the squirril got in.
 I am however cheered to see late plantings of spinach and chard starting to pop their heads above ground.

Biscombe

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2006, 09:33 »
By the way John & Val when ARE you coming to visit? Cold san Miguel of 2 is waiting for you

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2006, 15:05 »
Quote from: "Biscombe"
By the way John & Val when ARE you coming to visit? Cold san Miguel of 2 is waiting for you

Ahh, thank you - we haven't had a break this year as our old cat  has been so ill and asking the neighbour to look after him would not be fair to them or him.

Unfortunately he's very near the end now so I suppose next spring we can get away.  He's 17, which is very old for a cat but it's something you hope will never come.

The other cat's can't believe what he gets away with -  they get told off for hopefully sniffing at my dinner but he gets to 'pinch' whatever he wants.

Biscombe

• Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2006, 16:01 »
:( aww, my sympathies John & Val, I'm a cat lover we have 3 adored ones!  Sounds like they are in good hands and spoiled rotten! Thinking of you and the fluffy one.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2006, 19:11 »
Thanks - he's been with us since six weeks and it doesn't seem that long since he was tripping over his paws.

This is from when he had some surgery last year -

He'd lost weight and his eyes had sunk back (cats have a pad of fat behind the eyes) so the vet did the same operation that plastic surgeons do to reduce bags under the eye.

I'm not taking any more photo's of him now, prefer to look at the ones of him in his prime,

Biscombe

• Experienced Member
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2006, 09:03 »
Thanks for the pic John, little poppet! Thats the cat not you!!!!

mum of 3

• Experienced Member
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2006, 09:19 »
weve just had our little cat spayed John and it was a fighting battle to keep that blooming bucket collar on her head.felt so sorry for her.

xx
New allotment help

Started by Offwego on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post August 15, 2015, 12:49
by Ema
xx
Help with my first allotment!

Started by andy2017 on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post May 07, 2017, 18:27
by Thrutchington
xx
This is my allotment!

Started by Jeanieblue on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post June 01, 2009, 16:03
by Jeanieblue
xx
new allotment

Started by tommyboy on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post June 27, 2008, 22:50
by Porffor

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 32 queries.