Allotment Most Hated Chore

• 33 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2006, 10:33 »
The first night  I put a pillow by the bed and he went to sleep on it. In the morning he was in exactly the same position but the collar was on the other side of the room!

He used to have these mad fits when he would charge around yowling then jump up onto the fridge freezer - owning the high ground. Now he can't get onto a chair. I don't think we're doing him any favours keeping him going but he seems to appreciate being near us - he's by my side now.

I don't know what to do for the best - half hope he will go quietly in his sleep but I think I'm going to have to take him to the vets this week.  Every day's a bonus.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Dawnte

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2006, 14:05 »
Aww, bless.  I "specialize" in adopting old and rather pitiful cats.  I've had a lot of experience "when the time comes" and all I can say is you'll know it's there when he doesn't enjoy eating his favorite treats anymore and stops enjoying the little things (like perhaps cuddles) which he used to enjoy.

As for the gardening chores:  I've only recently caught the gardening bug (absolutely HATED anything to do with plants until about 2 months ago and now I've gone mad) so everything at the moment is giving me satisfaction.  I suppose the one thing I know I WON'T like about it is anything I have to do in the cold and wet.

Oliver

I get rather sad in winter, but look forward to spring!
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2006, 15:30 »
Quote from: "Annie"
Washing plant pots out.
This is probably one of the worst jobs - everyone gives her plant pots to plant up for the plant sale in May each year and they come in DOZENS of different sizes, so sorting and soring them (she has a special shed for the purpose!!!) is a pain!

The next worst job is waiting out the winter
Keep the plot cultivated, that's the best way to ensure its future.

VictorLaslo

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2006, 22:41 »
John.

Just seen the picture of your cat, he looks exactly like ours. A bit of hope for you.....ours is 19 years old (there might be a few years left in the old dog yet!)

Vic.

xx
Why You Have An Allotment?

Started by Glen on Grow Your Own

31 Replies
Last post February 06, 2008, 09:50
by gobs
xx
First allotment

Started by davel149 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 08, 2013, 21:46
by mrswashi
xx
New allotment

Started by lydia56 on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post September 13, 2010, 22:21
by Togalosh
xx
My allotment

Started by durham_lass on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post December 01, 2007, 10:18
by sweet nasturtium

Page created in 0.374 seconds with 39 queries.