Brush cutter , Any recommendations ?

• 11 Replies

Boston digger

Brush cutter , Any recommendations ?
« on: June 23, 2022, 15:16 »
Hi , Can anyone recommend a brush cutter at an affordable price , I require one the has the metal cutting blade , My local hire shop want £45 a day and I think that is plus vat  >:( , also petrol engine powered as I think a single charge battery version wouln not be up to the job , Thanks  ;)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Brush cutter , Any recommendations ?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 18:18 »
Some years ago now, but I bought a petrol-powered brushcutter from Lidl. It's a German make and goes through most things!

If time is not urgent, that's something you could keep an eye open for.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Boston digger

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 19:12 »
I will need one sooner as it's the first job , Clearing the plot.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 11:41 »
Take a good note on safety.  Brush cutters can throw things up, stones etc. 

Boston digger

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 18:35 »
I gave up looking for a used machine so purchased a new one , 3 year guarantee 52cc 2 stroke . Should be here Monday  :)

jezza

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 07:56 »
Hello you do realise that is an heavy machine I have 2 brush cutters a 40 cc stihl and a 46 cc Stihl they weigh 9 kg ,approximately 22 pounds,get to know the machines functions the balance must be right before using the metal blade must be either level or a  slight angle to the front set this up with the harness  ,depending on your height can affect the way a brush cutter works the easiest way to set one up is put the harness on the hook wants to be at belt height get the handle bars set (no handle bars no blade) hook the brushcutter on and fold your arms the machine will find it's own balance point,the rider plate under the blade should be about an inch from the floor so when you push on the handles to put the machine into work the rider plate is on the floor,remember that with a blade on if you know how to do it back cut,I'm on a paddock cutting job next week I've opened an 6 foot swath  out itll be 6 very wide every  swing,check the fuel requirements ad some brushcutter wont run on E10  and make sure you mix the fuel exact mystical FS 460 soon let's me know if I've put wrong mix in,if it's a Stihl machine you must do the m-tronic service regularly when it tells you my machines due today ,it takes 5 minutes ,stay safe use the safety equipment and enjoy using the brush cutter best destresset there is    jezza

jezza

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2022, 08:04 »
Hello forgot to say do not run the brushcuttercat full revs with out load,this means do not have the blade turning with out cutting,also never use the blade at full engine revs keep a bit in reserve eg 12000 revs run at 8 or 9000  revs the blade should sing with a constant note,try and find a local training centre   word of caution if you need to go on a public footpath of bridle way check local authority regulations for hand held equipment I have my machines on my licence under  category K mowing machines  jezza

Boston digger

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2022, 09:32 »
Not sure being new if links are in the rules ? this is the one I purchased

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301237584305

Hope it does the job , has good feedback  :)

I have 2 types of oil for the 2 stroke mix , Outboard boat engine and chainsaw , I assume its the chainsaw oil I should be using ?

Boston digger

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2022, 10:08 »
Went to my local boot sale today and came home with a Sheen X300 weed burner
Not bad for £10 , Need to get some paraffin and maybe a wick , Then light it up  :unsure: and run for cover  :D

jezza

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2022, 13:01 »
Hello do not put chainsaw oil  in the engine it is specifically for chains it wont mix ,if the outboard motor oil is a pre mix type it should work but if it isn't and is injector type 2 stroke then it's not suitable,use a branded 2 stroke eg Stihl hp green or red at the correct mix for for the engine it's expensive but worth it,that is cheap for that size strimmer a Stihl that size is £1245,  does it have a warranty with it  jezza

Boston digger

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2022, 13:52 »
Hi , 2 types of oil used in a chainsaw , I is for the 2 stroke mix , the other is for chain lube I was referring to the 2 stroke oil ,
Yes this is wording re guarantee " 2 YEAR WARRANTY* ABOVE & BEYOND - EXTENDED WARRANTY "

jezza

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2022, 15:54 »
Hello if it's a good quality mineral or synthetic 3 stroke oil it should be ok ,the instruction manual usually says what to use    jezza

xx
Strimmer/Brush Cutter

Started by slow_worm on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post May 24, 2007, 15:21
by Sheena
xx
Broken Stihl brush cutter

Started by Rooba on Equipment Shed

17 Replies
Last post September 19, 2011, 00:02
by Rooba
xx
mitsubishi TU26 strimmer / brush cutter

Started by grendel on Equipment Shed

12 Replies
Last post January 27, 2011, 16:35
by Gwiz
xx
Gutter hedgehog brush

Started by Eblana on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post November 15, 2012, 07:15
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 48 queries.