Cordless strimmer

• 7 Replies

snowdrops

Cordless strimmer
« on: June 13, 2018, 09:57 »
Any body got any recommendations please. Our old petrol one has died, it was to heavy for me to use & I couldn’t start it. Plus we don’t need that power anymore as I’m on a different allotment site, my plot is all paths & beds so only the front’road’ side to strim & a bit in the garden, would like to use it to edge the lawn, but again not massive area.
Hubby says not named brand, 3ah battery to give about hour of cutting & fast charge, so any body got & pleased with something that fits the bill?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Pescador

Re: Cordless strimmer
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 15:03 »
I bought a B & D STC 1820 a couple of years ago and am very happy with it Li-Fe Battery. Now selling  on the net at around £80.
Every Pickle Helps!

Paul's Preserves and Pickles.

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 20:26 »
Mrs Growster and I bought a Bosch machine, Snows. We got it about six or seven years ago, and a few months ago it was still going strong, and I gave it to a daught for her garden. I'm pretty sure it was one like this - ART 26-18 Li. It's still in regular use, and a newer model may well be a good option!

It charged well, and while it would struggle a bit on anything thicker than an old stinging nettle, it dealt with long grass etc., very well! I always used it for the paths on the Patch, and could use it for about 3/4 of an hour.

It's also very light to use, and the blades are those little clip-on types, which last longer than you may think, depending on how near you are strimming to brickwork, concrete etc.

If I can get the model, I'll PM you, but as it's not here, I don't have much more to help with!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 20:35 by Growster... »

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 22:22 »
Thanks both, I’ll take a look or more likely pass info on to the person in this house who likes gadgets lol

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 10:52 »
I recently bought a Spear and Jackson cordless strimmer to do my allotment paths.  The write up says it will run for 40 minutes on a full charge, it charges within an hour and there's even a button you can press on the battery to tell you how much charge is left. 

Being an electric, the shaft length is adjustable (which was important as I'm only 5'3" and petrol ones are designed for giants and have no way if altering the shaft) and you can swivel the cutting head round so it edges your lawn too.

"Brilliant"  :lol: I thought, until the first one cut out, never to work again, 6 minutes into use.  I returned it for a replacement and this one lasted 20 minutes before it died.   :ohmy:

I rang customer service to ask if there was a reset button or if it was user serviceable but sadly not on both counts so we took a refund and bought a petrol one instead which my OH has to use because I'm too short for it  :mad:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:53 by SnooziSuzi »

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 11:09 »
I got one of these when they were on offer at Wickes, a couple of years back - John bought one as well

WORX WG169E.5 20V Cordless Strimmer Review

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 12:21 »
Thanks both,

snow white

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 18:51 »
I have a von haus cordless strimmer.  I bought an extra battery.  Each battery lasts for about 20 minutes.  Each battery charges in about 2 hours.  There are small clip on blades.  I love it.  It won't cut really thick stuff but keeps most weeds down.  40 minutes is more than enough strimming time and I usually finish in one batterys worth anyway.

xx
cordless strimmer

Started by mandycharlie on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post April 25, 2008, 11:42
by Bombers
xx
cordless strimmer

Started by Jo on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post May 30, 2007, 21:41
by pedro
xx
Cordless strimmer advice please...

Started by Growster... on Equipment Shed

10 Replies
Last post February 28, 2012, 20:32
by Ice
xx
Robust cordless strimmer?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post June 16, 2021, 12:01
by New shoot

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 40 queries.