Landmaster 88 drive belt problem

• 6 Replies

sharpie

« on: February 26, 2007, 17:16 »
Hi all,
Only just became a member over the weekend but without more ado here's my issue. I've borrowed a Landmaster 88 (3 hp) from a neighbour - always fatal a mistake in my exprerience! - and after an hour the blades stopped spinning. I tracked the problem to the drive belt having slipped off because its stretched now. i have no parts book for it. There's no ref no on the belt. My wife took the belt to a local supplier (HGV Direct in Wirksworth) and they supplied her with a MEGADYNE OLEOSTATIC A 27 13x686. I put this on the machine but it just slipped over both of the wheels with no trouble at all and therefore came off the moment i started it up again. The wheels look as though they are not adjustable so does that mean i'm gonna have to try n remove one of them somehow?.....otherwise how on earth do i get a shorter belt (which is clearly what i need) on to the wheels? just in case you need dimensions to help me......the 'drive wheel' (inner surface) dimension = 21.5 cm;
'lower wheel' (which drives the tines) = 24 cm; when tape put round both wheels and made into a ‘loop’ it seems to measure 61 cm.

I have contacted "Bearing Supplies" which i saw mentioned in previous 'chats' of yours, and a very helpful Robert Starling thought that an A 25 or A 26 might do the job. Any thoughts from anybody out there? Any help would be appreciated asap.  Best wishes,  Sharpie.
Never judge a carrot by its size.

Gwiz

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 19:06 »
hi,
 seeing as the landmaster was used by Noah to cultivate dry land as soon as the floods receded, the chance of getting an original belt is non existant. i would go with what bearing supplies suggest. :D
( no offence to landmaster users intended ) :lol:

jack russell

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 19:14 »
Hi

welcome  and good luck fixing the lickle beast

cheers

jr
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/CIMG1386.jpg[/img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/roostertop-1.jpg[/img]

not organic    but still a nice bloke

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 20:33 »
Hi On my rotavator there's no tension adjustment either, the drive wheel has a grub screw and the drive wheel slides off the drive shaft for refitting of the belt.
Hope this helps  :)
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 22:29 »
BSL are usually very helpful. They usually don't mind you changing the belt umpteen times till you get it right. Put it on the smallest pulley first and give it some welly. Check the pulley shafts for excessive play. It may be the pulleys are flapping about in the breeze :shock:. After all as gwiz says its no junior. And they use bronze bushes instead of roller bearings and they need lubricating often. Good Luck
always have a target
and an objective.

Eristic

• Experienced Member
    • http://downtheplot.com/index.php
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 22:58 »
If all else fails go to an old motor factors and get RFBC 650 an alternator belt for a citroen cx 2000. It can slip a bit when it gets hot but a bit of sugar will fix it.

By the way: STOP CALLING ME NOAH! :roll:

Gwiz

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 05:23 »
:lol:

xx
Replacement drive belt for Landmaster 88 rotovator

Started by bburn on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post September 10, 2007, 16:26
by SimonH
xx
DRive belt

Started by klawler on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post April 27, 2007, 12:45
by Gwiz
xx
drive belt

Started by andyk on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post August 27, 2007, 14:02
by andyk
xx
McCulloch drive belt

Started by lfcevans on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post September 11, 2012, 20:14
by lfcevans

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 39 queries.