new puppy!

• 5 Replies

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
new puppy!
« on: June 21, 2010, 20:43 »
hi weve got a 2yr old lab bitch. And last friday we brought a 7 week old lab dog. I dont know if im being too over protective or not but the 2yr old seems to be playing too rough. She jumps on and lies on the puppy. It may be me just being over protective. Any advice wud be appreciated.
1 dog -Chloe 1 cat - Oscar 2 hamsters - Flo and Tinkerbell 3 ferrets - Charlie, chip and rupert 3 light sussex - Madge, Henrietta and lucy-lou 2 black rocks - Peggy and Betty 1 puppy on the way i'm not mad i'm in love. :)

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Re: new puppy!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 20:57 »
Puppy will soon let you know if big sis is being too rough, but as a precaution it would be best not to leave them unsupervised.

We have a 7yo lab bitch, and rescued an 8 week old cross bred puppy. At first lab Bonnie didn't want to know and was very stand-offish. But puppy Bella insisted and they were soon having rough and tumble, which was very amusing given the difference in size!

Unfortunately most play is on video and I don't know if I can put them on here.

Hawkins

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 21:34 »
thats so sweet, good luck with your new family member im sure things will calm down soon. there probably all a bit over excited.
Em  

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

mobilekat

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 21:58 »
Sounds like a duet of fun!

May be work having a 'puppy place' where the little one can go for a break- a small crate where he can go if she does flatten him a bit too much!

She is still young herself, and some times young labs dont know their own strength!
Very often quite lost- would be more lost if I could work out where I was!- But always find my way home.....

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 22:07 »
i think thats half the problem shes still a puppy but doesnt know her own strength. She just wants to play but shes like a bulldoser. Imagine putting a puppys mind in a 6stone dog and thats wat weve got shes still clumsy and just bounces around. But to be honest the puppy want to play just as much.

Wild Pony

• Experienced Member
  • God made ducks to make him laugh
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 23:35 »
Oh 'eck two labbies going scatterpup. lolol

I remember when we got our collie cross pup, the two older girls would head upstairs if they'd had enough and lit'lun would follow, then they'd head back down to the rayburn leaving pup upstairs coz she hadn't got the hang of descent at the time. So funny  :D

xx
Puppy will not eat puppy food

Started by wendyg on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post November 28, 2011, 13:37
by arugula
xx
Our JRT puppy

Started by Green man on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post January 13, 2014, 17:39
by snow white
xx
New Puppy!

Started by HelenK on Pets without Feathers

13 Replies
Last post October 08, 2010, 16:12
by Thrift
xx
Puppy!!!!

Started by YoungChickenLover on Pets without Feathers

16 Replies
Last post November 26, 2012, 15:32
by Oliveview

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 38 queries.