Strange

• 2 Replies

carolbriar

Strange
« on: June 12, 2010, 18:50 »
I have a light sussex who is approximately 46 weeks old and as far as I can tell she has not laid one egg.  She has always been a noisy girl - not crowing or anything - just sounds like complaining.  Anyway, in the last week or two she has started standing at the entrance to the house and announcing she has laid an egg.  Nothing!  One of the other hens could be in the house laying at the time and I thought she might be announcing one of the other girls had laid :unsure:  She has always gone into the coop and sat in one of the nest boxes quite happily but then would come out and carry on as normal.  I have heard her announce the laying of eggs on a few occasions and wondered if by some miracle she is going to lay :ohmy:  Any thoughts on why she might have started making this announcement?  Even if she doesn;t lay an egg in her lifetime it doesn't matter, she will still stay with her 4 friends and makes a good pet hen :D
2 Springer Spaniels, 1 Speckled Sussex,  1 Cuckoo Maran, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Welsummer, 2 Barnvelders and 2 silver Pencil Wyandotes.

themagicaltoad1

Re: Strange
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 11:45 »
Are you sure she's not laying elsewhere? maybe she feels she's missing out on all the eggcitement that the other girls get from laying.

carolbriar

Re: Strange
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 13:13 »
No, she's not laying anywhere else - they are in a fixed run.  She has started half squatting occasionally if I try and touch her but nothing as yet.  As I said, it doesn't matter if she doesn't lay but was wondering what she was doing :unsure:  She's called Mrs Pickle - it just seemed to suit her.  She might just surprise us one day :)

xx
Strange egg

Started by pepsi100 on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post April 12, 2013, 09:46
by pepsi100
xx
Strange day

Started by PaulineM on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post April 20, 2011, 17:03
by LittleRedHen
cheesy
A Strange New Boyfriend

Started by LittleRedHen on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post February 02, 2011, 21:30
by New shoot
xx
Strange egg production

Started by themagicaltoad1 on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post August 30, 2012, 21:49
by andy46

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 38 queries.