egg incubator

• 14 Replies

naturesparadise

egg incubator
« on: February 02, 2008, 22:59 »
hi need some help with this been looking but they seem to be very pricey

well for me anyway i dont have that sort of cash so any ideas as i have never used one before

keep it simple  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

or if some one has a spare one they no longer need  :?:  :?:  :?:

thanks

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
egg incubator
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 23:15 »
Get a copy of the March 2008 Practical Poultry (it's just come out) they have plans in ther of a nice DIY one  :D

naturesparadise

egg incubator
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 23:17 »
thanks ill look but i dont think we get that here  :cry:  :cry:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
egg incubator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 23:31 »
Quote from: "naturesparadise"
thanks ill look but i dont think we get that here  :cry:  :cry:

I could post you a photocopy of the pages if you PM me your address.

naturesparadise

egg incubator
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 08:26 »
ok this is a problem just been looking at eggs and they are sold in batches of 6
but Brinsea - R-Com 3 (3 Large egg incubator) only holds 3 the next one up is £225. or so way more than i can spend

so not good  :cry:

babe

• elvis king of chooks
egg incubator
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 10:30 »
Quote from: "naturesparadise"
ok this is a problem just been looking at eggs and they are sold in batches of 6
but Brinsea - R-Com 3 (3 Large egg incubator) only holds 3 the next one up is £225. or so way more than i can spend

so not good  :cry:

p & t poultry do a pack of three eggs, but you dont know what you'll get and they are a bit pricey.

you can subscrible to practical poultry on the website, or lots of us can give you a list of the local suppliers close to you, thats in the back.

also have a look at the new poultry suppliers section on here, lots will be happy to send you just three.

i went for the rcom 3 because of its simplicity and reliability, and the rcom20 was just too big, 20 eggs at a time. 3 is enough for me as my chickens are pets and i thought it would be fun to try an inncy.

i have heard that theres a new octagon just out, has good feedback too.

this months grow your own has 6 of the best and the ascott beginners package seemed like a good buy too. £90 and has all you need, but its a manual inncy.

naturesparadise

egg incubator
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 17:11 »
thanks for the info babe

i dont know why they have not made a 6 or 12 egg R-Com  its a bit much to go from 3 egg to 20

matron

egg incubator
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 19:09 »
Quote from: "Aunt Sally"
Get a copy of the March 2008 Practical Poultry (it's just come out) they have plans in ther of a nice DIY one  :D

My OH is looking to have his own chickens hatched by himself so thanks for that info.
Naturesparadise - Practical Poultry have a web site and from there you can order the magazine (just the one without having to take out a subscription)

ness

• Experienced Member
egg incubator
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 20:57 »
What about a silkie?  I've heard they make great incubators!  Cheap and 6 eggs would fit under her nicely!   :lol:  :lol:

naturesparadise

egg incubator
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 15:13 »
Standard R COM 20 Incubator now this is odd there are 3 and i cant see which one would be the one you would want .As far as i can see they are all the same

Standard R COM 20 Incubator £209.99
Ideal for small numbers of eggs where incubation control is essential for maximum hatch rates. Suitable for a wide range of eggs from game, poultry and waterfowl through to parrots and birds of prey.

These incubators are so good I am putting my review at the top.

The versatility of these incubators are great, if you are ok with 20 egg capacity this is a very good incubator but talking as a poultry supplier I have to be honest and say this is not a patch on the R-COM 20 Pro non usb which is my top choice in this range for all poultry/waterfowl keepers, if however yu are more into exotics and parrots then the R-COM 20 Pro with USB is the model to go for.

If you need greater capacity then a step down in technology and price but a great incubator none the less is the 50 Egg Incubator.

Both models in the R-Com 20 range provide advanced yet easy-to-use menu driven control over all the environmental controls vital for successful egg incubation. They include digital control of temperature, humidity and egg turning with the Pro-20 version also providing a wide range of egg turning options and automatic mode where the user selects a species the incubator is automatically preset with the ideal conditions for that species. Furthermore the R-Com Pro-20 version comes complete with USB link and PC software to control and monitor the incubation conditions from a computer.

°Main functions

* Automatic temperature setting
      and control
    * Automatic humidity setting and control
    * Automatic hourly egg turning
    * Large double-glazed observation window
    * Easy dismantling for cleaning
    * Selection of °C or° F for temperature display

°Safety functions

* Alarm to warn if the observation window is not secured
    * Automatic fan cutout when incubator is disassembled
    * ’Low Water’ alarm
    * Incubation settings are automatically saved in the event of power failure

Egg Capacity

Universal egg tray supplied.

Hens - (or equivalent)°20
Quail - (or equivalent) 52
Goose - (or equivalent) 10

Power Supply - 100-120v AC 50/60Hz or 220-240v AC 50/60Hz as specified
Room temperature range - 20-35°C
Room humidity range - 20-70 % Rh
Weight - 4.5Kg (10Lb)
Dimentions - 500 x 410 x 160mm (20 x 16 x 6 1/4)

R-COM 20 Pro Incubator NO PC Link £309.99

IF you keep poutlry and want state of the art incubators, dont bother with the r com computer link model. This is the one for you, we love it. Just tell it what eggs you have then come back a few weeks later and take your chicks away :) IF YOU HAVE THE BUDGET BUY THIS - You will not regret it

Is it that easy? YES, are there comparable incubators then no not really, the closest is the Brinsea Octagon Advance EX but even this is behind and the price is £299.95 which is just way too much, I see this as the Rolls Royce and the Octagon as a Reliant Robin. I know things are always about your budget but this is worth every penny and much more.

The New Super Incubators have arrived! With full computer charting!!!!!!

Ideal for small numbers of eggs where incubation control is essential for maximum hatch rates. Suitable for a wide range of eggs from game, poultry and waterfowl through to parrots and birds of prey.

Absoutly fantastic incubator only one better R-COM 20 PRO advanced but really only designed for exotic or parrot eggs with computer aided software. With these models candlers are very important to aid removal of infertile eggs.

All 3 models in the R-Com 20 range provide advanced yet easy-to-use menu driven control over all the environmental controls vital for successful egg incubation. They include digital control of temperature, humidity and egg turning with the Pro-20 version also providing a wide range of egg turning options and automatic mode where the user selects a species the incubator is automatically preset with the ideal conditions for that species. Furthermore the R-Com Pro-20 Advanced version comes complete with USB link and PC software to control and monitor the incubation conditions from a computer.

°Main functions

and control

°Safety functions

* ’Low Water’ alarm

°Additional Features of the R-Com Pro-20

Automatic mode which allows the user to simply select the species being incubated, add water and leave the incubator to select the correct conditions. The incubator will cease turning eggs two days before hatching and will indicate the number of days remaining until hatch. Additional species settings are being continuously researched and the incubator can be updated with the latest settings with a simple internet download.

Manual mode which allows the user to program all functions, temperature, humidity and egg turning frequency and angle. Incubation period is not programmed in manual mode; egg turning must be stopped by the user.

Egg Capacity

Universal egg tray supplied with all models.

Rcom specs
Weight - 4.5Kg (10Lb)

RCOM Advanced Incubator WITH PC Link £344.99

The New Super r com Incubators have arrived! With full computer charting!!!!!!

We have no other incubators to match the pure ability of this model so we can not recommend any other models but if you only wish to do poultry eggs and dont need the usb then why not save a few £'s and go for the R-COM 20 Pro, please dont forget your candler as removal of infertile eggs is very inportant if spending these funds.

Both models in the R-Com 20 range provide advanced yet easy-to-use menu driven control over all the environmental controls vital for successful egg incubation. They include digital control of temperature, humidity and egg turning with the Pro-20 version also providing a wide range of egg turning options and automatic mode where the user selects a species the incubator is automatically preset with the ideal conditions for that species. Furthermore the R-Com Pro-20 version comes complete with USB link and PC software to control and monitor the incubation conditions from a computer.

°Main functions

and control

°Safety functions

* ’Low Water’ alarm

°Additional Features of the R-Com Pro-20

Automatic mode which allows the user to simply select the species being incubated, add water and leave the incubator to select the correct conditions. The incubator will cease turning eggs two days before hatching and will indicate the number of days remaining until hatch. Additional species settings are being continuously researched and the incubator can be updated with the latest settings with a simple internet download.

Manual mode which allows the user to program all functions, temperature, humidity and egg turning frequency and angle. Incubation period is not programmed in manual mode; egg turning must be stopped by the user.

PC mode The incubator is provided with USB connection and PC software. The software provides all the incubation controls along with records and data analysis of the incubation process. E.g. egg density loss can be plotted to check humidity settings are correct.

Egg Capacity

A universal egg tray suitable for all egg sizes is supplied.

Rcom 20
Rcom specs
Weight - 4.5Kg (10Lb)

babe

• elvis king of chooks
egg incubator
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 15:30 »
simplified

rcom 20 standard, you have to set temps, humidity, turning schedule. you may as well buy the octagon

rcom 20 pro, also includes the same settings as the rcom 3, where you tell it 'chicken' and it knows and does all the settings automatically for to hatch a chicken (the wholoe reason the rcom is as popular as it is)

rcom pro20 with usb, the same as the pro, but inks to your pc and records all temps etc, meant for professional breeders.

does that help??

babe

• elvis king of chooks
egg incubator
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 15:33 »
from what others have said, the rcom 20 isnt a beginners incubator, and 20 eggs to fail in one go can work out as alot more expense. and 20 eggs exploding is going to really really stink your house up.

naturesparadise

egg incubator
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 15:39 »
err the standard says
and control

no i dont really plan to get one i was just looking and got confused  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

babe

• elvis king of chooks
egg incubator
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 15:44 »
it is automatic, .... but only once you've told it what to do. you have to still give it all the info to start with.

the pro is like the rcom 3. just push ONE button and away it goes.

cudders

• Experienced Member
egg incubator
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 15:26 »
Hmm,

Might fancy a go myself. Only looking at Hybrids for egg production. I guess I could use my own hen eggs for this?

One question is should they be cleaned before they go in the incubator?

Cudders

xx
Incubator help

Started by alanjack999 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post August 14, 2009, 18:01
by Vember
xx
incubator

Started by jarrode0 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post May 25, 2010, 22:33
by jarrode0
xx
First Incubator

Started by Tensing on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post September 22, 2006, 08:42
by Tensing
xx
incubator

Started by wardy on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post December 05, 2013, 13:19
by wardy

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 40 queries.