A tale about a transvestite hen...

• 3 Replies

Pollyanna

A tale about a transvestite hen...
« on: September 12, 2010, 20:56 »
 Hello everybody,

I thought you might like to hear a little story! The title says it all really but here we go...

As those of you who have read my posts will know, I have three Silver Spangled Hamburgs called Matilda, Harriet and Henrietta. When I first acquired my girls however, they came as a quartet!
This is the story of the fourth one (Martha) who couldn't make her mind up whether she was called Martha or Arthur; :unsure: 

Martha/Arthur was in the hen house for just over a day when her true nature became apparent. She constantly picked on and bullied, (not to mention, mounted) poor Harriet! She/he strutted around the run, chest puffed out, neck stretched and to all intents and purposes, she crowed!!!
On the second day, I seperated her/him from the others but this just made matters worse... the noise was deafening! Things came to a head on the third day when, after relentlessly beating poor Harriet to within an inch of her life, Martha/Arthur was given her/his marching orders. With a final and rather indignant, not to mention ear piercing squawk, she/he hitched up her skirts and left the chicken coop for good!  :D

Thankfully, once the evil Martha/Arthur had departed, the girls settled down and you could almost see the look of blissful relief on their little faces! Harriet recovered well although she still has a bit of a bald patch at the back of her head but new feathers are poking through!

I have heard of trans-gender birds before and I wondered if this was what had happened in Martha/Arthurs' case. Funny thing is, she/he was still laying despite her/his totally masculine behaviour!

Pollyanna :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 20:58 by mumofstig »

Pollyanna

Re: A tale about a transvestite hen...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 21:17 »
Oops!  :blush:

My apologies for the inappropriate wording in there and thank you Mumofstig for editing it for me.
(Sorry it wouldn't let me reply to your message, something about 10 posts!)

Pollyanna :)

henamoured

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 23:44 »
That's a really great story - you probably sell it to THe Sun  :D
Where's Arthur/Martha now? Does s/he still lay?

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 15:45 »
That's really a great story!  My lowest hen is now challenging the top hen.  Go figure!
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

xx
A salutary tale.

Started by orchardlady on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post March 18, 2013, 19:21
by Lastcast
xx
Tale of the missing chicken

Started by Springlands on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post May 18, 2011, 10:04
by Springlands

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 38 queries.