New equipment: "Dustin Mizer"

• 0 Replies

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
New equipment: "Dustin Mizer"
« on: May 23, 2024, 01:48 »
This is something my boys gave me for "the winter holiday".  It is a hand-cranked applicator for agricultural dust (Dipel dust, diatomaceous dust, and similar). See photo.

I like many of the dust products, but the equipment to apply dusts are IMO not very useful. Hand-pumped dusters, squeeze bottles etc. all seem to apply unevenly (too heavy or not at all). This promised to apply an even thin coat with much less waste. It has a deflector that can direct dust to the underside of leaves, flip over to target tops of leaves, or remove entirely.

There was less than 5 minutes of assembly required.  I used it to apply Dipel to squash plants (our dreaded squash vine borers will be here soon).

It seems to fuction pretty well. I donned a safety mask. loaded dipel into the hopper, shut the lid. Set the deflector to blow upward to target undersides of leaves. It worked much better for me than other dusters. There were a very few clumps where the application was too heavy, but mostly it was light and even. I easily flipped the deflector over to target leaf tops (see photo of dusted squash leaves).

It seems to work as advertized so if you need a duster, I would reccommend this product for ease of use. Now lets see if it helps fix the bug problem!  :D
20240522_201055.jpg
20240522_201211.jpg
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

xx
The "toy" engine "expert" is out.

Started by Gwiz on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post April 21, 2007, 09:57
by Gwiz
xx
"Aquired" some corrugated plastic sheets

Started by Kleftiwallah on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post March 24, 2017, 10:46
by Kleftiwallah
xx
The RYOBI 410r 31cc "rotavator"

Started by Guzzik on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post June 12, 2011, 19:25
by 4th season allot
xx
"Beast Sheds" - Any Good?

Started by Hitman on Equipment Shed

17 Replies
Last post October 04, 2013, 13:34
by jrko

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 29 queries.