Woo hoo.....just picked up our chicken coop

• 6 Replies

GerryOB

Woo hoo.....just picked up our chicken coop
« on: July 06, 2010, 22:52 »
Now the fun begins, I have to try and assemble it tomorrow.  Knowing my luck it will look more like a windmill than a chicken coop by the time I'm finished.  Hope I can get it all done during the day, then we can go and collect our girls in the evening  :D

ali2

• Experienced Member
Re: Woo hoo.....just picked up our chicken coop
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 07:44 »
HI Gerry - you'll soon be hooked ....where are you getting you chickens from?  Remember you posting on where to find a poultry supplier. :)
Dogs were born with three legs and a spare.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:09 »
don't forget we want to see piccies of your girls  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 16:28 »
When we bought our 2nd coop we thought we were being clever buying the ready assembled one from the shop. But we couldn't get it in the car (a voyager with loads of space) and had to pay a man with a van, then we couldn't get it through the garden gate and had to dismantle part of the fencing, it was a nightmare, so I wouldn't complain about having to assemble yours lol. :lol:

GerryOB

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 06:45 »
Hi again and thank you for the replies  :)

We found a local supplier in Ashford (Surrey/Middlesex) and they were really helpful with lots of advice and several different kinds of POL's to choose from.  We went and chose our girls on Sunday and they kept them for us as we had to wait to get the coop and for me to assemble it.  Not an easy job given my mobility difficulties, but not one to be defeated I had a go and finally managed it, although my back did give out half way through  :(.  Had to leave some minor adjustments such as putting in hanging loops for the food and water, until hubby got home.  He also got inside and put all the bedding etc in for me, then off we went to get the girls.  We took a large indoor guinea pig cage to bring them home in, and it was so funny to see them all sitting down on the wood shavings in a line, like they were on the back seat all belted up and just looking around.  We thought they would all be wandering about, as they certainly wern't cramped in the cage.

The guy we bought them from said to put them straight into the roosting house, and let them out in the morning, as that way they would learn where they were to go to bed at night (good thinking batman!), and from where I sit at my desk, I could see outside, and Penny kept popping her head up to look out of the window as if she were checking out her new home.

We were also told that they had a strong suspicion that Georgie (Chicken George) was already laying, as she'd been spotted on the nest and they'd had several eggs which they believed were from her as she was the most developed.

Have let them out into the run this morning and they are all scratching about happy and content, feeding, drinking (and pooing  ;) ) and generally making a mess  :lol:

Will try and take some piccies later but not sure how to upload to here.

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 09:20 »
arh good for you, you can now look forward to lazy days watching your girls lol,  looking forward to piccies.  nickyxx :lol:
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

GerryOB

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 21:50 »
arh good for you, you can now look forward to lazy days watching your girls lol,  looking forward to piccies.  nickyxx :lol:

LOL...I've already spent most of the day out there sitting on the decking chatting to them, and watching their antics.  Hubby and I had to go off out and do the weekly shopping tonight.  We were so impressed to come back and find they had all put themselves to bed (bless).

Gerry
 :)

xx
Chicken Coop

Started by Humbledoor on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post June 05, 2010, 23:17
by TeaPots
xx
My chicken coop and run

Started by Andee on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post August 25, 2010, 21:55
by tesni
xx
chicken coop &run

Started by bowler on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post May 04, 2013, 20:21
by splash101
xx
New chicken coop on the way

Started by New shoot on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post June 21, 2011, 22:06
by JaK

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 39 queries.