Cod Portuguese with lyonnaise potatoes,steamed peas,carrots & broccoli
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: What's for tea 2019?
« Reply #316 on: April 11, 2019, 18:52 »
Beef chilli wraps with a sort of radish and spring onion coleslaw.

jaydig

« Reply #317 on: April 11, 2019, 19:30 »
Home made cheese and onion quiche - one of three made yesterday ( one each of cheese and onion, garlic mushrooms and smoked salmon) with jacket potatoes and salad.  Followed by home made meringue nests - made from the left over egg whites when making the quiches, filled with whipped cream and peaches.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #318 on: April 11, 2019, 19:35 »
In Iceland they had British Rose Veal Sirloin steaks (170g) reduced to £2 (half price) so I bought the last 3 :)
Had one for tea with new potatoes, peas and broccoli - Absolutely gorgeous!

madcat

« Reply #319 on: April 12, 2019, 08:45 »
I felt a disturbance in the force - did someone say pie ?  :tongue2:
You were the one who gave me pastry courage and encouraged me to make pie!  Go on, you know you want to!

Going to be cold beef (from joint cooked earlier in week), purple sprouting and beetroot gratin.  jacket pot for OH on the side.

The quandary is beetroot from the freezer already cooked and sliced (easy, makes room in freezer) or from the clamp (it is spring and they are starting to grow but they are keeping well in there without electricity etc and if I do them then I'll end up adding to the freezer selection cos it isnt worth only doing enough for one meal .....)  :unsure: Oh, and do I do a batch of hot cross buns, or at least sticky buns, in the oven when I am browning off the gratin?  Not good for diet, but I do need to practice before Good Friday, don't I?   ::)

Note :  due to a 2 hour phone call !!!   :ohmy: (broken hip and bored to tears) the hot cross buns have been postponed and the beetroot was ftf.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 20:00 by madcat »
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

madcat

« Reply #320 on: April 13, 2019, 19:59 »
After a good lunch (pasta salad with sorrel sauce, crab sticks and french beans (ftf)), tonight will be curried parsnip soup (the patch was cleared finally yesterday) with fresh bread.  Keeping it simple.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #321 on: April 13, 2019, 20:08 »
Fish pie using a frozen fish mix from work - not bad actually  :) 

I also included a ton of veg from the fridge to use it up, so leeks, carrots, beans and broccoli was in there as well, plus we had the first handful of asparagus spears from the garden on the side  :D

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #322 on: April 20, 2019, 20:19 »
Everyone is too busy gardening to cook  :lol:

I have eaten in between, but I can't remember the details except we had pasta bake one night here and veggie curry another.

Today was another curry day with spicy grilled mackerel fillets, tomato and spinach curry, naan, yogurt and mint, plus some hm lemon pickles.  Very nice it was as well  :)

madcat

« Reply #323 on: April 21, 2019, 09:36 »
Last night was first BBQ of the season night ... eaten very late as we were busy all day.  It was supplied by a freezer raid (corn on the cob, sausages, chicken thighs and a lucky pack of oatcakes) and a quick trip to the village shop for veggies (pepper, banana, courgette) for sticks.  A bottle of cold white and some prawn crackers ..,. job was a very good 'un.

Repeat has been requested for tonight, but I dont know if the freezer has the goodies.  I can do flat breads ....  :unsure: :unsure:  The butcher in the village is open this morning so a quick trip might be needed.   ::)  I bet he cant make burgers and sausages fast enough ...

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #324 on: April 21, 2019, 09:51 »
I've been living off Freezer Suprise and takeaways all week while I've been building an extension to the sprog's bedroom, so tonight is going to be spicy chicken salad with some of the jumbo radishes from the polytunnel (biggest I've ever grown!)

wighty

« Reply #325 on: April 21, 2019, 11:55 »
Traditional roast leg of lamb here, usual pots, parsnips, carrots, cauli and the last of the swede with.  Hm mint sauce on the side.  Scallops for lunch as they've been in the freezer from Christmas and we decided they should be eaten rather than left any longer. 

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #326 on: April 21, 2019, 12:00 »

1st BBQ of the season, chicken skewers and Greek sausages (well past their sell by date).  Mushroom rice leftover from the last indian takeaway.  Followed by far too much Gin! :unsure:

My modification to the fire pit is good.  The heat source is on a platform which I can crank up and down depending on the temperature requirements. :lol:

Cheers,  Tony :nowink:
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #327 on: April 21, 2019, 20:42 »
Very simple tonight as too tired from gardening to bother much.  Chicken, baked potatoes and veg.  It was actually good and a lot less boring than it sounds, but then everything tastes great when you have been outside all day  :lol:

madcat

« Reply #328 on: April 22, 2019, 09:01 »
That is soooo true!

It will be (bargain) cauliflower tonight, with cheese sauce and either jackets if I can be bothered, or bread chunks if I cant!  :D

Lardman

« Reply #329 on: April 24, 2019, 17:25 »
There have been a lot of nuked spuds here in recent weeks  :blush: I'm suffering from a prolonged case of the CBA's and pasta a pesto tonight is about all I can manage.

xx

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post January 03, 2019, 11:35
by John
xx
allotments 2019

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post March 23, 2019, 19:25
by jaydig
xx
Strictly 2019

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post October 05, 2019, 11:58
by Tenhens
xx
What's the weather like where you are? - 2019

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

958 Replies
Last post December 31, 2019, 18:59
by wighty

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 55 queries.