Hi Everyone I'm new

• 24 Replies

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Hi Everyone I'm new
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 07:47 »
Its still stood there at the moment. Im going to get me big bruvver-in-law to help me shift it.  :D
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
the rabbit of caerbannogg

milkman

Hi Everyone I'm new
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 10:44 »
glad to hear you've got guins too jessegee, they make lovely pets.  My two "don't do sprouts", instead they've been tucking into grazing rye which they tell me is nearly as good as grass, but top fav on their list remains toms.

Our eldest guin Patches, who is now 5 1/2 is looking very elderly at the moment, but keeps hanging on in there.  It'll be great if she's with us till the spring so she can have a final rampage (sedate amble) around the garden, but at the moment we take it 1 day at a time.
Gardening organically on chalky, stony soil.

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Hi Everyone I'm new
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 10:56 »
we recently lost our eldest piggy, Dylan, he was about 5 ish. He was the last of the family of them we bred.

Weve got two little boys now though, George and Peppa. Peppa is absolutely mad, runs around his house and kicks food on my head when im feeding freddy rabbit in the house below

milkman

Hi Everyone I'm new
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 11:15 »
Sorry to hear about Dylan's demise Zak, but glad you've got two entertaining youngsters.  When Patches decides her time is up we're thinking about getting a rescue piggy to keep Honey comany (hopefully a neutered him who I can call Syd).

We're bracing ourselves 'cause tomorrow we are taking charge of piggy-next-door Alan again whilst his parents go away for Christmas.  He becomes the piggy equivalent of a rutting deer when he gets a whiff of our girls and is rather excitable.

jessegee

Hi Everyone I'm new
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 12:53 »
Ha! Yes, they do their rumble strut grumble dance, very tribal!   :twisted:

Sorry to hear about Dylan, five or five and a half is a good old age, hope  Patches gets to enjoy the spring nosh, fingers crossed for her
Tomatoes eh?

I could go on about guineas all day!

One question thats been on my mind is

What vegetable tops are good or bad?

EG we're going to grow bUtternut squash, beans, Garlic, fruit bushes, leeks, etc

jessegee
How is a Carrot like a Magnolia bush?

It isn't, that's why I joined this forum......

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Hi Everyone I'm new
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 13:47 »
Molly used to love munching whole beetroots, really funny as she was mostly white, she used to end up with a bright red face like a cannibal!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Hi Everyone I'm new
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 18:31 »
Sorry to hear you lost Dylan,  Zak. I know how it hurts when you lose a pet.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Hi Everyone I'm new
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2006, 21:56 »
Its always sad but im otherwise quite immune to it now. We also lost the canary emma last week. Before that was Freddy mk1 and Katie rabbit, and Molly and of course Zak himself. All in the last year. The grass under the apple tree is covered in little wooden crosses.

Zak was my bunny, he was rescued along with Daniel (who was Mollys fella and Dylans dad) and i always maintain he was a reincarnated Royal Engineer (he could get past any defence or barrier i put up to to keep him in!)

I know Daniel and Dylan used to strut their stuff when molly was around, but she kept them in check and they usually went back to munching grass instead

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Hi Everyone I'm new
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2006, 22:52 »
We all know our pet's lives are short, doesn't stop it being painful.

I still remember losing my rabbit Nippy a long time ago.

jessegee

Hi Everyone I'm new
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2006, 00:05 »
Thats sad, all pets are wonderful, but now and again you get a real character thats a huge loss when they go

I have a niece who had a pet worm, and she was so upset when it died, epspecially when she'd draped it over the radiator to keep it warm...... :?

jessegee

Page created in 0.335 seconds with 35 queries.