New puppies

• 31 Replies

Mosslane

• andjakemakes3
Re: New puppies
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 18:10 »
Going to see a 5yr old girl pap as a companion for Jake. Not sure how he will be with another dog but we think he is ready for company. Will see how they get on and take it from there. Will let you know the outcome :lol:
The reward of a thing well done is to have done it....

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 19:28 »
Going to see a 5yr old girl pap as a companion for Jake. Not sure how he will be with another dog but we think he is ready for company. Will see how they get on and take it from there. Will let you know the outcome :lol:

You don't want to go spending money on a puppy...I'll give you a holy terror....I mean delightful little bitch to keep your pap happy...pleeeeeese! I'll pay you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mosslane

• andjakemakes3
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 20:48 »
Oh Tosca, I take it you have your hands full  ::)

tosca100

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 20:49 »
Oh Tosca, I take it you have your hands full  ::)

Always...but what a character! :D

Dilly Dom

• Experienced Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 21:48 »
Just wanted to remind people that the Rescue Centres are full of cats and dogs, more so than usual because of the economic climate.

So if you think you can give a good home, a home for life, then please contact your local Rescue Centre.  We have always taken in rescues and the love and joy they have brought into our lives have been immense. 

Troy, our latest chocolate labrador had two previous homes before us, yet he is the most adorable dog ever.  Yes they may need extra loving care, hard work and training but it is worth it. 

Trouble is lots of people see breeding cats and dogs as a means of making money. :mad:

Dilly
It is better to have nothing to do than to be doing nothing.

Mosslane

• andjakemakes3
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 22:02 »
Couldn't agree more pelmetlady. Jake our papillon is a rescue and the one we are going to see is a 6 yr old who needs rehoming. Would really have to think hard before getting a puppy.

tosca100

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2010, 05:39 »
I agree completely, I would never pay for a dog when there are so many in rescue. Both our girls are rescue. The lab, Bonnie , came from a home where the boyfriend, who we later found out was violent and put the girl in hospital, hated dogs. She has a few problems, but is an absolute darling. Pup Bella is from rescue, she had been sold and re-homed by the age of 8 weeks and is a challenge! We think she is a lab/terrier cross, and the lad who bought her first thought he was buying a pure lab! She ended up in lab rescue, and is now 9 months old and full of it!

Bonnie with Bella at 12 weeks

Pep

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 19:00 »
Hi,

Love your babies Tosca and Angela.

We've been to see the puppies again and taken some more photo's which I thought I'd share.

Eyes open now and focusing  :).  Lapped some goats milk yesterday and some scraped cooked meat in gravy today.

Here's her brother either showing off because he has teeth or laughing :lol:.

This, we think, is the father.

Pauline

tosca100

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 19:07 »
Lovely pics, really takes me back....but don't be fooled by cuteness, there may be a little devil in there!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pep

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 19:18 »
No, I won't be Tosca  :).  Our second whippet looked like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth when we went to buy her.  Within twelve hours her true colours came out  :lol: :lol:.

Pauline

Mosslane

• andjakemakes3
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 19:19 »
Lovely Pep, you have some fun days ahead. It is good to see dogs being given good homes.

Our new girl was advertised as a pet who needing a new home, when we got there it was not much more than a puppy farm and a bad one at that. We paid for her just to get her out of the situation. It is going to cost us a lot of money to get her spayed, microchipped and vacinated (these are 3 years out of date). Really thinking of reporting the woman.

tosca100

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 19:54 »
Lovely Pep, you have some fun days ahead. It is good to see dogs being given good homes.

Our new girl was advertised as a pet who needing a new home, when we got there it was not much more than a puppy farm and a bad one at that. We paid for her just to get her out of the situation. It is going to cost us a lot of money to get her spayed, microchipped and vacinated (these are 3 years out of date). Really thinking of reporting the woman.

How sad. There is probably nothing anyone can do, but it may be worth getting in touch with the local dog warden and asking him/her to pay an unannounced visit. These places seem to find it very easy to get a council license for their operations. As long as people buy dogs from them it will continue, but if I had gone to look at a dog as you did I would have done the same. >:( >:( >:(

Pep

• Experienced Member
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 20:07 »
Poor Ellie May  :(.  At least now she will have a good home :).

You know as well as I do how many stray dogs you could end up with out here.  Up until Christmas we were feeding a couple of strays but one somehow became trapped in a pig sty and met a very horrible death and the other one just disappeared one night.  This little one will be ours though, be kept in the garden and not allowed to roam.

My very first dog was a kind of rescued dog in as much as the owner was having her put to sleep the day after.  My Dad came home with her from the pub one night, his trousers belt acting as a lead :lol:.  She was filthy, covered in chewing gum and absolutely terrified of shoes (that said a lot).  She was a whippet cross labrador and made a beautiful pet once she'd learned to trust us and not expect a beating.

It makes me so angry that people just breed with their dogs to make money and don't care where they end up  >:(.  I'd be useless as a breeder anyway.  If I was to let one go, I'd do a full house and garden inspection and then still probably say no  :lol:.

Pauline

Dilly Dom

• Experienced Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2010, 20:27 »
This makes me so cross.  So many people don't ever think seriously about dogs.  One day someone says oh I think I'll get a dog, where can I get one.  I know, advert in local paper, breeder, puppy farm, you name it I'll have one.  Oh dear it wets, barks, it's raining it needs a walk, I'm out working and can't cope THINK a dog is for life.  It can be the most wonderful, loving, loyal friend that ever comes into your life.

Pep

• Experienced Member
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2010, 20:47 »
I can't agree more Pelmetlady.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of mindless people out there who don't think further than the end of their nose!!

Our second whippet was returned to the breeder because a daughter in law had bought it for her 80 odd year old mother in law who was in a wheelchair and already had an eight year old chow!!  Obviously she couldn't cope with a three month old pup.  What were either of them thinking about?  Not only the stupid daughter in law but the breeder should definitely have asked more questions.  Still, it was our gain in the end and she lived to the grand old age of 14, all of them very happy.

Pauline

smiley
Puppies puppies puppies

Started by bravemurphy on Pets without Feathers

26 Replies
Last post October 16, 2014, 21:20
by devonbarmygardener
xx
puppies in the bin

Started by chrissie B on Pets without Feathers

39 Replies
Last post May 15, 2011, 23:05
by chrissie B
xx
need advice please on puppies

Started by nicky d on Pets without Feathers

20 Replies
Last post November 01, 2010, 19:03
by TeaPots
xx
pics of our puppies

Started by rubymolly on Pets without Feathers

10 Replies
Last post November 04, 2010, 20:02
by TeaPots

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 35 queries.