New bed (65ft by 9ft) - path options

• 2 Replies

Rammy Allotmenteer

New bed (65ft by 9ft) - path options
« on: April 08, 2020, 09:58 »
Good morning

Last week I took on a second plot and have since made the main bed which works out at 65 ft long by 9ft wide. My query is what do others do, with such large beds, as regards paths. I don't want to break up into 4ft wide beds.

Thanks for your thoughts/suggestions
Garry

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: New bed (65ft by 9ft) - path options
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 21:04 »
If you're not happy to make them 4' wide, you'll have to create some internal paths within that space but with different dimensions.  The paths would just be on the earth and you could, of course, dig them up each year so as to 'move' them.

I had a number of beds that were 3 or 4 yards along one side, by 2 or 3 yards in the other direction.  I would suggest that you don't have them too long - or you WILL get frustrated at having a long walk around when you want to get to the other side!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Rammy Allotmenteer

Re: New bed (65ft by 9ft) - path options
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 22:15 »
Hi. Thanks for your thoughts. I think you're right. I'm leaning towards making a number of weed suppressant membrane paths and then literally rolling them out as and when I need them as the planting scheme 'evolves', as it always seems to do each year, despite the written plan we make at the start of the year.  Cheers. Garry

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 33 queries.