magnesium deficiency

• 21 Replies

daisy1990

Re: magnesium deficiency
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 20:56 »
I live on the coast so have plenty of opportunity to pick up seaweed- how do you make feed (and does it smell vile??)
3 dogs, 8 chickens, 4 rabbits 2 guinea pigs, 10 quail, 2 fish and a demanding daughter who has gone to uni and left me with 29 animals to care for!!=)

binner

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 18:23 »
binner, I see that live a long way from the coast but this year my toms, peppers, cukes have been fed entirely on home-made seaweed liquid feed and this is the first year they've shown not the slightest trace of Mg defficiency. Next time you have a day out in Bridlington fill the car up with seaweed  :)

i prefer scarbourgh to be honest  :lol:
is it legal to remove a couple of sacks of seaweed? i didnt think you were aloowed to, same with beach sand???? il give it a go anyway
first year grower

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 08:58 »
I have used Epsom Salts (buy from chemist very cheaply)

Not much Epsom Salts is needed, so where you buy it probably makes little difference, but I would disagree with chemists being cheap - I've found garden centre Epsom Salts comes in much larger bags and works out cheaper. But I bough my bag years ago and only use a few teaspoon full's each year so I may be way out of date!

SarahB

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 09:13 »
is it legal to remove a couple of sacks of seaweed? i didnt think you were aloowed to, same with beach sand????
Sand is part of the beach.  :)  Anything on the beach between the high and low tide marks is fair game, always assuming you're not in a nature reserve or something!  But you can just collected detached seaweed, dead stuff that's been left by the tide - that's not really any different from collecting driftwood.  We collected a big bucketful from Reculver the other day, and we didn't even get down to bare rock in a tiny patch; there'd been a big storm and all the rocks were covered in loose stuff.  The smell was pretty grim though!   :ohmy:  :lol:

binner

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 21:36 »
  The smell was pretty grim though!   :ohmy:  :lol:

huuuummmm 75 mile from coast to home, best go on a warm day so we can have the windows open

SarahB

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 23:56 »
Oh, the stuff in the car wasn't too bad, it was in a sealed bin (though you could still smell it) - but the beach itself, on a hot day, totally covered to a depth of some inches by dead and decaying seaweed, was something else!   :blink:

mobilekat

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 08:15 »
Seaweed sounds a good idea, reminds me of a clause in our Deeds- we have right of access over the neighbours garden for the delivery of seaweed..... :) :)

And that's the neighbour who is rather annoying (we keep finding cigarette ends in the garden as she had a pot for them on the wall and hadnt realised it was overflowing into our garden!!!)- also everytime their cat catches a rabbit the throw it (the rabbit) into our garden >:( (we throw it back!)
Very often quite lost- would be more lost if I could work out where I was!- But always find my way home.....

xx
Magnesium deficiency

Started by RJR_38 on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post June 18, 2014, 22:18
by Jackypam
xx
Magnesium deficiency

Started by noshed on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post October 19, 2006, 11:10
by John
xx
Magnesium Deficiency

Started by Eblana on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 03, 2012, 19:42
by mumofstig
xx
spuds with magnesium deficiency

Started by titch on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 15, 2009, 16:36
by titch

Page created in 0.328 seconds with 28 queries.