feeding vegetables

• 1 Replies

LILLILEAF

feeding vegetables
« on: July 04, 2016, 05:57 »
Good morning fellow gardeners and growers.my first post new to this site
 We moved to our place 18 months ago,all over grown the patch i picked for the veggie patch what a job 15yrs of weeds to clear ,first i set to with the strimmer with blade on,many weeks later out came the rosate 36 weed killer,main issue mint,nettles brambles docks,weed killer did the job this was back in february.
Now we are in april,i have dug over the ground cleared all the roots a foot to 18 inches down,next what to plant,we have started in the house peas,runners,cabbages,pumpkins,and other veg.
We are now in june,we  have planted strawberries,raseberries,carrots,peas,pumkins,runnerbeans,swedes,purple sprouting.Its now july
My question is do i feed with a liquid feed,how good will the ground be?,all it has had is weeds,the soil is good draining,every thing is growing but the raseberries some of the leaves are going yellow.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 06:21 by LILLILEAF »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: feeding vegetables
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 10:49 »
If you haven't put any fertiliser into the soil so far, a feed now may pay real dividends.  I tend to divide my crops into ones where I want leafy growth and ones where I want fruit. 

The leafy ones like cabbage, salad leaves and the like get pelleted chicken manure, which is a fast acting nitrogen fix that lasts about 6 weeks.  The fruity ones like tomatoes, courgettes and the like get tomato feed, but this does need applying every 7-10 days.  If you have pumpkins still in their growth phase, the chicken manure will be fine and the runner beans and raspberries will like it as well  :)

xx
OH HELP! (please) Feeding of vegetables problem.

Started by BussinSpain on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post July 23, 2014, 14:03
by BussinSpain
xx
What, when and how to net vegetables

Started by trogg on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post June 14, 2010, 00:17
by suziet88
xx
Vegetables so far

Started by weathergirl on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post June 13, 2010, 21:13
by Dan78
xx
Vegetables > nutrients

Started by sebsands on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post November 03, 2021, 09:21
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.291 seconds with 34 queries.