Teabags

• 15 Replies

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Teabags
« on: January 24, 2007, 16:45 »
Ive just put a tub in the kitchen here at work to collect used teabags. THis is cos i realised on a 'good tea shift' we have between 6 and 8 brews, and each time put 3 bags in, so quite quickley i can accumilate a goodly number to take for the compost bin.

The real frugality of it is that were having a 'tupperware party' where people can claim all the manky old plastic tubs that have accumilated. SO i robbed a tub out the bag, wrote on it with a marker and stuck it beside the teapot.

IVe also started raiding the paper recycling bin cos we dont have it collected and the planned work forms make good shredded animal bedding.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
the rabbit of caerbannogg

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Teabags
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 16:54 »
When I was a site secretary years ago, the old boy who used to do the cleaning used to keep all the old teabags, open them up and keep the old tea and used it for tipping onto spilt liquids on the floor!  Said it mopped up the liquid a treat!  Mind you, not sure what it would do to your lovely new carpet!!!! lol

muntjac

Teabags
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 19:53 »
it still works nanna . i also save them and when the bins full i empty it into my green bin along with all the other stuff i cal green rubbish . i dont veggies as i dont pel most of them but onion peel i do . and besides any green is used to feed my rabbits or chucks , mom used to feed her roses on tea she would keep all the bags ina  bucket and then pour hot water on em let em steep and then just pour the lot over the rose soil .
still alive /............

jane1264

• Experienced Member
Teabags
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 20:05 »
I have to admit we tend to have tea as leaves here, and I've been putting all the leaves in the compost bin.

I have a dim and distant memory of being told that cold tea is excellent for all sorts of plants - is this true?  I have been watering my indoor plants with cold tea - at least that way I remember to water them!

Jane

jack russell

Teabags
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 20:49 »
hi all

so when you put them in for composting do you have to split the bag first ?  

or just let the flavour flood out :oops:  :lol:  :lol:

cheers

jr
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/CIMG1386.jpg[/img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/roostertop-1.jpg[/img]

not organic    but still a nice bloke

muntjac

Teabags
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 21:05 »
cant do no harm folks ,,,,, :lol:

shaun

Teabags
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 21:07 »
put a used tea bag under each runner bean plant when you plant them out
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

Axe Victim

• Experienced Member
Teabags
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 21:17 »
A wonderful thing you can do with old tea-bags is moisten them and grow grass seed on them...then you have mini-turves you can patch your lawn with...try it...it works.

:D
If life gives you lemons...wrap a dog turd in newspaper and set fire to it on Life's doorstep.

muntjac

Teabags
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 22:25 »
and ladies they good for wrinkles under ya eys .. n also they help if you get welding flash  :wink:

GrannieAnnie

Teabags
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 15:35 »
They use tea as a dye as well don't they?

jane1264

• Experienced Member
Teabags
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 22:49 »
Drink you're tea black and look at the mess it leaves in the cup and yes you'll know they use it as a dye!  Dread to think what colour my insides are the amount of  black tea I drink!

Jane

muntjac

Teabags
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 23:07 »
its good for making old treasure maps for kids to find . draw the map out put tea ina tray dip paper for a couple mins to soak . allow to dry . roll up n singe ends with a match .. hide in a hole in a tree or someplace for kids to find and watch the fun , great for easter egg hunts  :wink:  :lol:

GrannieAnnie

Teabags
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 23:12 »
You can age cross stitch fabric that way too Karl!

I often wonder what tea and coffee do to our insides too Jane!  But I do like my cup of coffee!!!!!!!

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Teabags
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007, 07:01 »
well, the tub was full to the brim in just 4 shifts (48h). Ive emptied it and took them home yesterday. these last two shifts have been 'poor tea' shifts, so not so many at moment :lol:

i cant believe the discussion on old teabag uses this thread spawned! :?   :shock:  :lol:

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Teabags
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 09:34 »
Incidentally, how will putting loads of teabags in me compost affect it? Its just that ive come into work after a week of, and theres a whloe carrierbag of them for me, about 4kg (must be 1000 bags) :D  :shock:

xx
PG tips free trial teabags.

Started by 8doubles on Frugal Living

6 Replies
Last post April 23, 2015, 19:42
by grinling

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 39 queries.