Very Angry

• 29 Replies

Goosegirl

Re: Very Angry
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 12:03 »
Lardman, don't you ever say you're being selfish for posting this on the forum or I'll give your bum a very severe nip with my serrated beak!  :ohmy: You can't possibly keep all this inside or just have a couple of people to talk to. It's not only about just sharing it with us, it's also a means whereby occasionally someone may come up with something that you haven't thought about and that's what we're all here for.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

grinling

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 20:10 »
I would class her as a vulnerable person and therefore should have someone present at all times. You ML can ask for a transcript of what was said at the meeting as it involves her.

Lardman

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 21:32 »
I would class her as a vulnerable person and therefore should have someone present at all times.
Argued till I was blue in the face, they just trot out the same old tune "control and coercion"

You ML can ask for a transcript of what was said at the meeting as it involves her.
Previously refused. 

As was my request under GDPR Article 15, and her request under GDPR Article 15.  I have in writing from the councils information governance department whatever action she takes they will not provide it. It's all be passed to the ICO.

snowdrops

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 21:52 »
Next time she has a ‘meeting’ with them can you not set up a hidden mike & camera on her or in the house?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2019, 09:08 »
Install recordable cctv in your mums rooms, company does not need to know this

Funny you should say that, having done this already, yesterdays safegaurding investigation was about it and the usual control and coercion manure they use to remove me from the interview.  At least this time they didn't try and tell her they were illegal, ML gave the officers short shrift but we had the usual, we have the legal right to do this, we need to interview you alone etc etc etc. very upsetting for her.

I understand the issues around this, but that really does seem crazy.    You put the cameras there to make sure useless care company were doing their job, so you were safeguarding your mum.  They think that your concern is control and coercion - pfffft.  The cynic in me sees how this could be a great way to divert attention away from their uselessness.

ML has a say in all this and whether she thinks the cameras are OK or not.  This is a long document, but is written very well.  I know she is a feisty lady who can hold her own.  This might be good reading for her though, just to clarify to her that her voice does mean something in all this upsetting officialdom. 

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/globalassets/age-uk/documents/factsheets/fs78_safeguarding_older_people_from_abuse_fcs.pdf

At the end of the day, it is up to you and ML to decide when the whole thing is impacting too much on her to be worth fighting for.  I'm sure you will have support and sympathy on here, whatever you decide.

Lardman

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2019, 09:54 »
I understand the issues around this, but that really does seem crazy.    You put the cameras there to make sure useless care company were doing their job, so you were safeguarding your mum.  They think that your concern is control and coercion - pfffft.  The cynic in me sees how this could be a great way to divert attention away from their uselessness.

They say I am the source of the control an coercion. It's now the third time they have investigated me, same manure every time. Every time ML tells them it's manure and she didn't want to see them and she doesn't want to see them again.  The council using 'safeguarding' in this way is shameful needs to be addressed.

I'm familiar with the document you've linked and also Article 8 of ECHR, which I reminded the investigators about very forcefully. Makes no difference to them though as the laws are not enforced without legal action and they are assuming ML wont take any  :nowink:

I'll pursue [useless company] until proportional action is taken against them and the council for as long as ML wishes me to, knowing ML I'll not be stopping any time soon.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2019, 11:26 »
Sorry I worded that badly.  I meant it was ridiculous to think you were trying to control things, when all you wanted to do was make sure ML kept control over her independence and dignity.  Without the cameras, where was her proof of 4 minute calls, if they were claiming otherwise. 

The council using 'safeguarding' in this way is shameful

Yes it is.  It is bottom covering for them and also ties bodies like the ombudsman in knots whilst it is ongoing.   

If ML is up for it, you keep on.  As I have said before, not everyone has someone to wade in and fight their corner.  It is worrying how many must just give up and accept substandard service.

jaydig

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2019, 19:14 »
I know how you feel, Lardy. Hospital has tried four times to discharge a relative of ours who is obviously very sick, and neither fit nor safe for discharge, and have threatened us with Social Services and the police if we don't facilitate entry into their home. 
Needless to say, we aren't budging until they get the care they so obviously need. We have the advantage that the sick person is already in their care, and we are, finally, making some headway because they have had no option but to keep the patient with them.
After your long battle you must be feeling both frustrated and absolutely exhausted.

grinling

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2019, 19:54 »
Have you tried age uk for impartial advice?

Lardman

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2019, 09:04 »
The final statement from the LGO investigator, having checked my interpretation of his email was correct.

It is not reflected in the final decision statement because you clarified the claim to injustice after I issued the final decision. I am not planning to reopen the investigation in order to amend the statement, as that would not alter the outcome of my investigation.

Id say that was full on bottom covering at all costs. For what good it will do I'll file a request for an official review.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2019, 21:25 »
For what good it will do I'll file a request for an official review.

I'm not sure what good it will do either, but if you and ML are planning legal action, at least you can say you have tried everything via the usual channels before resorting to that.

Lardman

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 19:30 »
No surprise...  :mad:  :mad:

After reviewing the file and looking carefully at what you have sent, I appreciate you may be disappointed, but I support the decision to close your complaint.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2019, 20:46 »
Well it certainly wasn't for lack of you trying.   What is their motto - Heads you lose, Tails you lose.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2019, 14:42 »
Words fail me! Can't say anymore at this time but my very biggest and bestest hugs to you both.

Lardman

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2019, 09:42 »
None so blind as those who will not see. It's a set back, but not the end of the matter. I can clearly show I have tried every available avenue to resolve things using the correct channels.

After a similar experience during my last run in the with council, this time I compartmentalised my complaints and all my eggs weren't in one basket. This would allow me to refer other complaints if this sort of thing happened.  ;)

The council may be made from teflon but sooner or later I will get something to stick.

xx
I am angry

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post July 28, 2019, 00:16
by al78
xx
Angry Footballers

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post March 29, 2020, 00:58
by Plot 1 Problems

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 51 queries.