3 of my babies have left home.....

• 3 Replies

Honeysuckle

• Experienced Member
  • Kira & Bruin
3 of my babies have left home.....
« on: August 07, 2011, 20:52 »
When I decided to raise some chicks some 15 weeks ago, I said I would also raise 3 chicks for my son and his family.  OH built a lovely coop and run for them as well.   :nowink:

Today with the run on the roof and coop and chooks loaded into the car, we took them to my son's house some 50+ miles away.  The journey was a bit fraught due to the run on the roof; we were convinced the run wouldn't make it all the way!  :unsure:

But we all arrived in one piece and my grandchildren were delighted with their new pets.  Especially Freddie, my 19 month old grandson.  He crawled around on the floor with them!  :happy:

I've gone over the do's and don't's several times this afternoon and my lovely daughter in law took notes and twice before leaving I said 'don't forget to shut them away at night'.  They live on the Essex / Suffolk border and back onto fields so I felt I couldn't emphasise enough the importance of shutting them away at night. 

Now, my son is 31 and intelligent; has got 2 lovely well behaved children, so why can't I convince myself that the chooks will be fine  :wub: :wub:  ::) ::) I trust him with my grandchildren but not my chickens!  :ohmy:  :nowink:
2 German Shepherds, Kira & Bruin, 4 hybrid chicks Chryssie, Violet, Sweet Pea and Astra.

min200

• adayinthelifeofmin
Re: 3 of my babies have left home.....
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 21:27 »
Thats an easy answer!! 

The grandchildren are HIS children and the chooks were YOUR BABIES!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

NormandyMary

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 22:39 »
Sometimes, mummies just have to let the babies go! However, I was just as bad when my brother chook sat for us just for 4 days a couple of years ago. I couldnt rest, constantly worrying that he would forget to do something. They were fine though so I needn't have worried. Now though we have 2 baby pygmy billy goats who I am totally in love with, and NO WAY am I getting pet sitters for them. Who needs holidays anyway?

Im sure that your little ones will be very happy in their new home. The fact that your daughter in law took notes means she will be taking it very seriously, especially as soon as she starts getting eggs!!

Honeysuckle

• Experienced Member
  • Kira & Bruin
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 15:50 »
I'm pleased to say that daughter in law text me an update this morning-my babies are very happy and settled.  :happy:

My granddaughter has been sitting with them all morning 'training' them (to do what I've no idea!  ::) ) only popping in now and again to get a toy to show the chickens!   :D

I feel alot better now  :happy:

xx
I have babies

Started by jaxchucks on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post March 05, 2011, 11:06
by jaxchucks
xx
New babies

Started by mumsy on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post September 25, 2010, 22:58
by joyfull
xx
Patrick Babies on the way! They're here!!!

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Chicken Chat

99 Replies
Last post May 31, 2010, 23:47
by Kate and her Ducks
xx
Putting my new babies to bed.

Started by NormandyMary on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post September 28, 2011, 20:47
by bantam novice

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 39 queries.