Rain dances.

• 17 Replies

Goosegirl

Rain dances.
« on: July 03, 2018, 13:32 »
Anyone know of any rain dances that actually work? If not then perhaps we should have some suggestions for us to try just as an experiment. The winner gets rain!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

theothermarg

• me
Re: Rain dances.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 17:46 »
After a previous dry spell which was followed by torrential rain I joked that I should have kept my clothes on
(twas only a joke honest) so if anyone knows of an effective rain dance I do recommend that they to save flooding they at least keep their hat on
 :lol: :lol:
Tell me and I,ll forget,Show me and I might
remember,Involve me and I,ll understand

Pescador

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 18:29 »
Someone must have done one last night here in S. Wales as we had about 4 hours of rain giving 9mm. Not a huge amount but a welcome change from the last couple of weeks. There's a possibility of a bit more tomorrow pm, but then back to the hot and dry!
Every Pickle Helps!

Paul's Preserves and Pickles.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 19:31 »
Somebody has been doing a dance at Wimbledon, - Rain stopped play.
I will guarantee (almost) rain here tomorrow because I thought I'd go into local Town and try to hunt down some badly needed goodies.  ie:  clothes   agh agh  - hate it, hate it  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 20:24 »
Goosey, I'd spend all my money and sell my house to see you prancing around in a damp dress doing your rain dance!

You know that!

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 23:07 »
Bar a brief short storm a month back we've not had rain for 2 months now. Everyone at the plot is struggling to keep up with watering and the ground is cracking. There's the threat of a hosepipe ban, but our site rep has said we'll ignore it as most at out small site dont have room for water butts and he's damned if we're losing our crops.

jaydig

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 08:42 »
We desperately need rain, but before we all start doing rain dances, is there anyone out there who knows how to do a "stop rain" dance, because in this country once it starts it doesn't know when to give in.  Do we need to  video whoever does the rain dance, and then get someone to do it exactly in reverse.  Any volunteers......Goosey??

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 14:49 »
Actually jaydig, you've got a point there as ladies always have to dance backwards BUT … in these times of female "equality" perhaps some sort of line dance would be a start so everyone is on an equal level so no-one can start an argument or gets out of line (if you see what I mean), and those at the back will have to come forward if they want their pics taken for the local rag. In this heat, I think we can eliminate Morris dancing with all that hopping around although the hanky waving might come in useful if somebody passes out. Drones carrying a load of silver nitrate crystals to sprinkle on the clouds is also off, because not only would you have to bribe a chemist to let you have some, there is a slight paucity of suitable clouds at the moment. If and when I come up with a suitable and sensible suggestion from those on here, I will try it out in the privacy of my own back yard. As for a video, may I suggest Betamax?

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 18:04 »
All I did today was pick a few beans and mow The Patch, and we've had about an hour of fabulous heavy rain!

Goosey, dancing backwards is always a bit of a come-on as you well know! When did you last do a two-step then?

;0)

Goosegirl

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 11:21 »
When I had a go at the Argentine Tango and nearly fell over my partner. I've had a little think about this rain dance and believe it should include some stamping around to wake up Zeus (or Jupiter etc) from their heavenly slumbers, a bit of war paint (use children's face paints or make some woad), and a stick with a bladder on top. As for the costume, er, um, do we really need one?

jaydig

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 15:12 »
Maybe just body paint, as for the original Hakka?

Goosegirl

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2018, 15:46 »
Just at first I misread it as Haiku which is a form of Japanese poetry usually consisting of five lines and wondered if we were going to combine line-dancing with poetry which could be rather interesting; however having put my reading glasses on we may be getting somewhere! Methinks we need to go online to see how they do it. As I remember there's a lot of squatting involved, growling, staring, wild eyes, and strange mutterings. Does this remind you of anything?

jaydig

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2018, 16:16 »
I'd have to pass on the squatting, because my knees wouldn't let me get up again if I got into that position.  But I've done plenty of all of the other stuff, especially when I can't remember where I've left something, or something goes wrong in the kitchen.  Perhaps we should all choose one of the elements that we are particularly good at, and we can do that as a group solo, if there can ever be such a thing.  Please put me on the list for "strange mutterings", as my husband says I'm really good at that. :D

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2018, 17:12 »
Well, those above must have felt sorry for all my hobbling about, because we had 20mins of heavy raindrops  :D Enough for a few puddles on the path and wetting the top soil 2mm, according to the local rain guage!  It smelt lovely for a while, the cat and I sat in the greenhouse throughout  ::)
I don't think I'll need to water this evening, result!

grinling

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2018, 19:26 »
The water main broke up the road and whilst the water board was relieving pressure I filled a neighbour's water butt with it.

xx
the weather forecast rain and rain

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post December 21, 2019, 23:50
by Stewarty
xx
Rain, rain go away

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post July 30, 2023, 20:06
by Yorkie
xx
Whenever we do get any rain.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post July 28, 2018, 07:20
by arh
xx
Flipping rain!

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post April 09, 2019, 12:44
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 51 queries.