Baby chicks.....help!!! What do I do??? What do I need?

• 39 Replies

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Baby chicks.....help!!! What do I do??? What do I need?
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 21:22 »
The brown ones with the dark patches on their heads look like some chicks that Debbie (chickenlady) had and I think you can sex those at birth. Will try to find her pictures.
Staffies are softer than you think.

redmolly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 21:25 »
Thanks!!! Don't know as I'd have much luck sexing them!  :wub:

redmolly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2009, 21:29 »
Hi Broodyhen! Am so sorry to hear about your Gladys!!! Best of luck with the eggs tho! Hope all goes well. I didn't clean out as it was all very quick and hadn't crossed my mind. I wouldn't clean out around her tho as they eggs are porous......keep us posted with how you get on!! I think it's broody time of year!!!!! x

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 21:30 »
Congratulations!!!!!!! they look like welsummer chicks! did they come out of dark brown eggies,? if they came out of white eggs they could be dorkings! and either way with that thick eyeliner and clear head markings they look like girls to me too  :D the black 1 looks like a black araucana but they dont have hairy legs!? coul be a maran as the french ones do have hairy legs!
whatever they are they are lovely  :D

Debbie
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redmolly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2009, 21:38 »
Ha - they have great eyeliner!! As long as none of those ones think they are Boy George or Adam Ant!!!  :D

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2009, 21:43 »
See told you debbie would know  :lol:  :lol:

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2009, 21:45 »
 :lol: if they were dark brown eggs they are probably welsummer. if white eggs they could be dorkings although quite a few different partridge breeds can hatch chipmunk marked chicks so its only a guess!  ;)

Debbie

redmolly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2009, 21:48 »
Yeah they were definitely brown eggs!!! Oh goody!!! Hope I don't have too many cockrels!!! Not sure the neighbours would be too pleased!!! Although everyone is happy enough to have eggs!!! We are good at bartering these days!!!!  :lol:

Foxy

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2009, 22:19 »
what lovely photos! thank you for sharing! :D

broodyhen

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2009, 20:53 »
Hi Broodyhen! Am so sorry to hear about your Gladys!!! Best of luck with the eggs tho! Hope all goes well. I didn't clean out as it was all very quick and hadn't crossed my mind. I wouldn't clean out around her tho as they eggs are porous......keep us posted with how you get on!! I think it's broody time of year!!!!! x

hi!!

love your pics :) we had 5 chicks that all eventually arrived sat/sun....AND omg im so excited but i have 2 of those chicks like yours with the most perfect eyeliner!! lmao to be honest i thought/guessed that they were males. now im not an expert but all 5 of mine have gotten like an orange spot on the backs on their legs and i thought i had got all COCKS thinking that these marks were where the tallons start growing??? could do with a hand on this one??? have tried to upload pics but keep getting stuck  :wacko:

anyway congrats they are all gorg and yes they learn a new lesson everyday! day 1 and Pat was teaching them how to catch flies! day 2 was scrat , day 3 was prune, day 4 is scrat and now day 5 they are scratting themselves and having a go at flying come running??? just adoreable little creatures! mine keep getting ontop of her back its so funny  :D

i do have to help them to roost tho which is a nightmare as they all cheep like im murdering them - my neighbours must think im bonkers saying....its ok gang im just putting you to bed!! its ok Pat im not hurting them!

and yes they are growing so quick got feathers already on their wings its as if they are growing hourly!!

broodyhen x

xx
Baby Chicks

Started by Floss16 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post March 23, 2013, 15:27
by ANHBUC
xx
New Baby Chicks

Started by sally c on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post June 14, 2007, 16:59
by sally c
xx
HELP New Baby Chicks

Started by SJC on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 06, 2013, 11:02
by ANHBUC
xx
baby chicks due - what do i need?

Started by darcyhen on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post June 13, 2009, 16:59
by Vember

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 39 queries.